Engine cams/valves

Hi

I read in some place (but I do not remember well) that our car must have a very specific or we have to have much attention to our cams tune....

This is only when you change your cams or our car need to tune the valves and everything like VTEC engine time to time....??

Thanks

Hmmmm whats the question? Do you need to map the car to suit cam timing?

Hi

I read in some place that I already try to find but I could not get it that when you install new cams you need to have to much care.

What I ready make many difference in power....
Any special advice??

The cars need to tune in special something??
In the normal life need to tune valves like the honda Vtec engines?

Thanks

Its not a job you could do yourself. The cam belt gets changed at same time and cam timing is crutial they cant just be plonked in even 1 degree out could have serious problems. The valves dont need changing with cams. I used oversize valves n had them re-seated just for a little extra power.

Hi

I read in some place that I already try to find but I could not get it that when you install new cams you need to have to much care.

What I ready make many difference in power....
Any special advice??

The cars need to tune in special something??
In the normal life need to tune valves like the honda Vtec engines?

Thanks

mild cams like cat cam 428s etc (not throttle body spec camshafts) are straight replacements. you dont need to change the valves / followers / stem seals etc etc etc.

it is an option to change them though. IMO i would only change them if running race spec cam shafts (that wont idle ie not for road use) with ITBs.

I hope this helps

i think what the OP is asking is do the valve clearances need to be adjusted as part of the service schedule as per hona v-tech engines