E2 TSB Albi Blue Progress

So I've got plans for this car (although minor) and I thought starting a progress thread would give me another reason to get my a$$ moving.

Bought the car back in April after handing over my much loved Focus Ebony as a part-ex.

vytynygu.jpg

Brought home this from a used car dealership for a good price and I still wasn't 100% sure until I got used to it - the car is brilliant!

upesebu4.jpg

So far I've done some minor mods.

-Exon's white hoses
-Painted battery cover
-Panther black interior dash strips and centre console
-Alpine comps in the rear after some tense drilling into the door card
-Gave it a good clean inside and out

5eme3usu.jpg

be4ypaza.jpg

e6uba3ed.jpg

6u3esuva.jpg

.. Forgot to mention the all important membership pack!

yhu7evag.jpg

Last edited:
I do not envy that man! But good choice of tyre, you'll be so glad you did that when winter comes! I ran budgets on mine through my first winter in the clio (came on the car and had no choice but to run them) never been so scared in a car through winter! Back end slid out on every corner no matter how slow I went! Next winter with conti' s no skidding or sliding at all. Goodyear are a much better tyre than conti though so you'll be well safe!!

I do not envy that man! But good choice of tyre, you'll be so glad you did that when winter comes! I ran budgets on mine through my first winter in the clio (came on the car and had no choice but to run them) never been so scared in a car through winter! Back end slid out on every corner no matter how slow I went! Next winter with conti' s no skidding or sliding at all. Goodyear are a much better tyre than conti though so you'll be well safe!!

I'm looking forward to a road test but I'm going to have to wait until the traffic dies down...I had similar sized contis on my previous car and they were impressive. Had a much better driving experience!

Problem is when he had the wheels off I thought I'd have a good look at the brakes. Now I'm on CamSkill looking at FERODO DS2500 pads and eibach springs n spacers "/

It's a never ending cycle mate! I'm always looking at what I'm gonna do next, I have to get my family to stop me looking!! Haha!! Go for the Ferodo performance pads, they're not as harsh as the 2500 and provide more than enough bite! Mine have done 10,000 miles and have loads of meat left on em!! (I use them hard)

Nice car, this might sound strange but why did you opt for components in the rear?

Nice car, this might sound strange but why did you opt for components in the rear?

Tbh At the time I thought I would get the best sound - if I could go back in time I would have jus bought a set of coax 3 way or somethin. The comps are connected to an amp atm but what I'm planning on doing is putting a 10inch kicker in the boot and disconnecting the comps from
The amp. I'm still only running the standard head unit too so maybe put my kenwood hu back in.

i do not envy that man! But good choice of tyre, you'll be so glad you did that when winter comes! I ran budgets on mine through my first winter in the clio (came on the car and had no choice but to run them) never been so scared in a car through winter! Back end slid out on every corner no matter how slow i went! Next winter with conti' s no skidding or sliding at all. Goodyear are a much better tyre than conti though so you'll be well safe!!

omg the grip!!

Just ordered:

Gold calliper paint
Badge covers
Coin holder

I'm thinking the front and read badge, renault sport badge, door handles, callipers and door bullet all gold...

Thoughts..