Dorset Owners are all miserable ****s

Not sure why your surprised nobody waves at you, I don't and would find it weird if some random person waved at me

That might be true if you drove a box standard Ford Focus but 197/200 Clios are an enthusiasts choice and rare as rocking horse **** so a much greater chance that a fellow enthusiast is driving.

Sadly, I also rarely get any response!!!!

That might be true if you drove a box standard Ford Focus but 197/200 Clios are an enthusiasts choice and rare as rocking horse **** so a much greater chance that a fellow enthusiast is driving.

Exactly. Well, I used to think this, but I'm starting to wonder just how many 197/200's there are out there with owners limper than a used tea bag.

Around my way, it's basically Jap or German. No love for anything else. I've noticed that Jap/German enthusiasts basically have no respect for anything else. Really when you think about it, the French car scene should be MASSIVE. 9 World rally titles, 3 formula 1 titles (1 manufacturers and 2 engine) plus several nurburgring records in the last decade. No other country can really compare with those statistics. French Motorsport heritage is so stupidly rich with success. Yet Honda produced the V-Tec engine and everyone spends the following ten years man handling each others sausage in appreciation. Never mind the fact that the latest CTR is a bag of sh*t.

I love all cars, couldn't care who made them, I appreciate a good car. This snobbery around Jap/German is pathetic and would be easier for me to bare if I actually met some French owners who appeared give a toss. But all these miserable sod's make me kinda feel isolated, I may as well be driving around in a boggo Fiesta Popular most of the time, I bought the Clio because it is one of the rawest driving experiences I ever had, but I also wanted to be part of an elite club of enthusiasts, and I am on here, but you lot only live inside my computer! I want someone to go out to play with lol

Its the same here in and around Brighton, No one waves or anything!
Only time i have ever got a wave was when i chased down another 197 on the motorway, pulled along side him for a while and waved. I got looked at like a complete nutter and he drove off like a shot :eek:, but at least I got a wave back.

My mate has a Honda S2k and he gets all manner of love.

I live in uckfield and have only had a couple of waves when i had the 200 and there used to be 5 197s just in uckfield, what colour is yours ill keep an eye out for ya when I go down that way, keep ya eyes peeled for a white meg 265 :smile:

Sorry but they ain't that rare, there's mine and two others in my work car park and I've seen a fair few driving around. Not rare at all

Sorry but they ain't that rare, there's mine and two others in my work car park and I've seen a fair few driving around. Not rare at all

:bat:

They are rare what are you talking about. You just have a lucky car park mate. Doesn't hurt to wave back you miserable person haha:thumbup1: