Door cards cup vs ff sound quality?

Iv recently upgraded my audio set up in my cup.
I went for an alpine CDE113BT head unit, Pioneer TS-Q131C comps up front and some kenwood coax's in the rear.
Whilst the sound is better, very clear and crisp, it still lacks bass.

I wondered if its likely to be due to the poor quality door cards? i had a courtesy clio with normal door cards (not a 197 but pretty well spec'd) and the bass was much more noticeable than mine and that was with a standard set up.

Is there any way of improving the sound? i dont want a sub because that defeats the point of having a cup, and dont want to swap door cards as the finish wont match.

Everyone on here moans about the standard speakers but after replacing my headunit with a pioneer P88RS i've not found them bad at all. I don't have my music really loud, i'm sure they would distort at higher volumes but for normal listening bass isn't bad.

I have a full fat 197 btw

A square of Dynamat on the inside of the door skin should help.

But mids in your doors shouldnt be relied on for bass, they are (as the name states) there to cope with the middle frequancys.

Proper bass needs a sub as low frequancys are all about shooving loads of air.

I know subs are fail and AIDS when talking about the weight of the car, but personally im looking for a nice active setup (amp built into a sub box) that i can fit with a "quick release" wiring setup for the weekend blurt. But stick it in and listen to tunes in the traffic jams at work.... and i like my Dubstep so bass is a must lol

Lol, yeh, i too like a bit of dubstep and D&B, but its nearly painful to listen to without some bass. is there a stealth box available for the clio?

it wont affect the handling i know, but its still in my eyes a bit of a contradiction of the whole purpose of a cup

No point buying a cup if you weight 25 stone either lol

I don't think the cup is that much lighter than a ff just a cheaper option car ready to track

No point buying a cup if you weight 25 stone either lol

I don't think the cup is that much lighter than a ff just a cheaper option car ready to track

PMSL! so true!

Do you have A/C? puts most of the weight back on the cup anyhoo, you could get a small active slimline sub that you can remove for fundays. Otherwise the square of dynomat directly behind the speaker is a winner for cleaning the sound up.

A slimline sub would weigh about 5 kg so i really would panic! just go for a poo before you go out for a drive, :thumbup1:

A proper wiring kit isn't light weight! 4 gauge is the minimum I would install in any car. Maybe 5kg is a bit much, but definitely a couple of kg

I had a FLI TRAP 10 ACTIVE sub in my Lupo Gti and did the job well. Only little but packs a punch. They are around £80 brand new off the net. Thinking about getting one for my 200 Cup when it comes.

I had a FLI TRAP 10 ACTIVE sub in my Lupo Gti and did the job well. Only little but packs a punch. They are around £80 brand new off the net. Thinking about getting one for my 200 Cup when it comes.

Ive been looking at them, seem to get good reviews.

I used to be heavy into my audio, and only used the "best of the best" now i can afford performance lol so tunes are a secondary thing but i still strive for quality :smile: