Dont you just hate kerbs!

Well for the first time in my life i have hit a kerb! wasnt travelling more than 5 mph but it still managed to take a chunk out of my 2week old tyre!! How gutting! If i can get a picture up on here can ppl advise me if its still usable? :smile:
Thank You

Attachments

• Photo0051E001.jpg
    Photo0051E001.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 89
As long as it not into the canvas then it's fine, This happened to me when a bus pulled out infront of me, I used these tyres till they went bald,

DSC00340.gif

DSC00342.gif

And here's the bus that pulled out infront of me,

DSC00343.gif

its only a quick pic from my phone but you get the idea, just dont want a blow out and do alot more damage to me and maybe others.
Foley - Buses are a nightmare, i had one hit my old car on the wheel whilst i was parked an it snapped the track rods and driveshafts etc, they think the rule the roads!

Tell me about it never hit 1 befor, lived here 2 years now and hit 1 on the way out my street yday-AHHHHHHHHHHHH

think its okay to drive if in doubt ask a friendly tyre place that wont try and rip you off! can only tell so much from pics :smile:

you will also find that tyres have a bit of extra rubber in that area - sometimes used to protect wheels from kerbs and is made to take that type of punishment - it is also on some tyres listed as a selling point having that kerbing rib on the sidewall

Similar Thread Suggestions