"Does your car have a sequential gearbox"

fmp

Platinum Member
So, to counter balance the negative comments of true 'petrolheads', here are a few comments I have recieved about my 200 by drivers and passengers at recent track days........

"Does your car have a sequential gearbox, as it seems to change gear very fast"

"Are those the same calipers/brakes that they fit on Evo's and Impreza's"

"What exhaust is that? As you came past my elise it sounded amazing, like a V8!"

"Pretty much standard you say? Well, its very quick out of the box"

"You went past me like I was standing still"

Do you have any praise from fellow car enthusiasts?!?

So, to counter balance the negative comments of true 'petrolheads', here are a few comments I have recieved about my 200 by drivers and passengers at recent track days........

"Does your car have a sequential gearbox, as it seems to change gear very fast"

"Are those the same calipers/brakes that they fit on Evo's and Impreza's"

"What exhaust is that? As you came past my elise it sounded amazing, like a V8!"

"Pretty much standard you say? Well, its very quick out of the box"

"You went past me like I was standing still"

Do you have any praise from fellow car enthusiasts?!?

but i know someone who still thinks his car is slow lol :tongueout::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I've got a photo of me chasing down the lotus owners club at Knockhill. Have had a few chats with people that were shocked by its performance. Tbh I don't need for anyone else to praise the Green Pea. I just have a chuckle to myself when I pass the "proper petrol heads cars" on the track.

Next doors young lad; ''I've seen them racing on the TV, do you race yours on tracks too!?!''

Mate with a 645i the first time he tried to chase me through Wales; ''What the actual F?CK have you done to that!?!''

Mate with an Aston V8 Vantage; ''I've got to get me one of those, push button start too!?! Shame it doesn't sound like mine though...''

Dad, after the Brembos did their thing when he was in the passenger seat; ''F?CKS SAKE!!! YOU NEARLY SNAPPED MY B@ST@RD NECK!!! JESUS!!!''

Mate with an Aston V8 Vantage; ''I've got to get me one of those, push button start too!?! Shame it doesn't sound like mine though...''

Dad, after the Brembos did their thing when he was in the passenger seat; ''F?CKS SAKE!!! YOU NEARLY SNAPPED MY B@ST@RD NECK!!! JESUS!!!''

love the guy with the AM v8, but your dad wins it for me

Hahaha!!! He's got an Impreza WRXS too, so it's not like he's not used to beefy stoppers, a quick-changing redlight meant he felt the full force. :smiley:

Yeah, Bobby was well impressed, I'd been ribbing him about his Mondeo-looking keyfob and he'd been giving it the good old ''no replacement for displacement'' line... Around the lanes near us there was nothing at all in it between the two cars believe it or not. He's since sold the V8V and last time I spoke to him (about 3-4 months back) he was looking into getting a 200 to use as a daily because his RS4 was ''a bit thirsty''.

Last edited:
Sounds familiar, "yes my car is standard, no it's not got a turbo. Yes it is just as fast around those corners as your GT3RS. Yes it does go round them faster than your Focus RS and yes you were holding me up!" :tongueout:

The only comment I got from my Dad was him complaining that it felt like it was bruising his kidneys......

I have to set the limiter to 29 when i give my mother a lift anywhere... apparently it is like a rocket

Haha yeah, driving with my mum in the car, just go over 4k revs I get a "steady on now"
Then pointlessly explain about the 5k power band and fact car does nearly double those revs.... Falls on deaf ears. Wasted on some people!

Emma has been asked by a copper 'So, what colour does that class as!?'
Her response 'Er, yellow....???'

Had a fair few comments from many people (inc a few off here) about the sound it makes. Still makes me smile! :smiley:

Plus all of usual Q's at the petrol station!

A Few spring to mind: A Maserati driver in a garage commented on how nice it sounded, we talked about fuel consumption, his got 18mph which made me feel loads better about the clio's average.

Had a little blat with a 325d BMW, traffic cleared to nothing up hill on a twisty duel carrageway coming out of south wales so we both floored it, seemed like an eternity as I limped past but as soon as I was in front I left him and shot down the hill, into 4 th, 5th, 6th he couldn't catch me but just before slowing down for roundabout I noticed he was gaining. At the roundabout he pulled up next to me, we wound windows down and he said 'fu@k me I was doing 150 down there, what you got in that it sounds incredible'.... Result :clap:

A Few spring to mind: A Maserati driver in a garage commented on how nice it sounded, we talked about fuel consumption, his got 18mph which made me feel loads better about the clio's average.

Had a little blat with a 325d BMW, traffic cleared to nothing up hill on a twisty duel carrageway coming out of south wales so we both floored it, seemed like an eternity as I limped past but as soon as I was in front I left him and shot down the hill, into 4 th, 5th, 6th he couldn't catch me but just before slowing down for roundabout I noticed he was gaining. At the roundabout he pulled up next to me, we wound windows down and he said 'fu@k me I was doing 150 down there, what you got in that it sounds incredible'.... Result :clap:

Absolute quality!!!!!!!