Do your brakes squeal?

After 550 miles from new my car's brakes have started squealing at low speed and light pressure on the pedal.

Is it just a phase of running in or do they need looking at?

just blast some water behind the pads mate that solves it. ive been told a few different stories about what causes this.

Mine do it too, usually after a spirited drive. Cleaning usually sorts it.

no :thumbsup:

brake squeel is caused by pad vibration - strip clean and some form of "cushioning" to stop it ie copperslip and possibly chamfer the pad edges :bat:

yeah thats the explanation i was told ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the story is that its brake dust trapped . . . .. . . . .

mine squeal abit, just brake abit harder and it goes, hahaha

Thats all well and good until your head goes through the windscreen

:thumbup1:

I may just take it to a dealers to copaslip the pads as I don't have the tools or knowledge and its under warranty.

:smile:

Mine used to when turning at low speed with no pressure but then they stopped.
Until last week that is when it started again.

I'm not too worried, should i be?

Mine also squeek when turning right at lowish speed <25mph.

Not too bothered about it, I just turn the stereo up a notch.

....mine squeel until they get hot(ish).....trouble is my drive to work is slow and hardly use the breaks......hardly notice it now

Mine only ever squeak or squeal if have been sat on the motorway for a while, i think it is a bulid up of brake material and other rubbish, the cure; stick it in 2nd/3rd and have some fun into the bends. Once they have been used and abused it will clear, normal driving wont help.

I'm not to worried about it, most brakes would squeal after heavy use and build up of brake dust. Happened after trackday and the Wales run. It goes after a while, if all else fails and nothin works. New discs and pads, hahahha

I get a bit from the rears under light braking sometimes, nothing to write home about thankfully (I did try a set of Group B Carbone Lorraine pads in my old Evo once... think I woke the whole street up coming home the first night and must have been close to shattering everybodies windows the squeal was so loud... awesome stopping power though lol, they lastest 2 days before I put standards back in)

Copper grease is hopeless, a temp fix at best.

Get some of this stuff - Cera Tec.

Also, if you're running uprated pads which don't have the black rubber looking shim on the back, you can buy self adhesive 3M stuff which is exactly the same. The seller I've used on ebay before, paulorla, doesn't have any listed at the moment, but might be worth an email to see if he has more?

I've run all sorts of pads with the 3M stuff and Cera Tec and never had squealing.

Copper grease is hopeless, a temp fix at best.

Get some of this stuff - Cera Tec.

Also, if you're running uprated pads which don't have the black rubber looking shim on the back, you can buy self adhesive 3M stuff which is exactly the same. The seller I've used on ebay before, paulorla, doesn't have any listed at the moment, but might be worth an email to see if he has more?

I've run all sorts of pads with the 3M stuff and Cera Tec and never had squealing.

never had issues with copperslip and not been a temp fix when i have used it

My squeal but I think thats the carbone lorraine pads.

When my standard ones squealed a clean and copper grease solved it