Disc torx bolts (Renault Toomey waste of time).

Thought I'd share as I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Did the front pads and discs today, now I was expecting a battle with getting the pins out, but these turned out to be fairly simple... But one of the torx bolts that hold the disc to the hub had been chewed up at some point by a previous owner or garage perhaps, unfortunately I ended up drilling it out and taping it round tomorrow with a centre punch.

Obviously a new bolt was required so I gave my local Renault dealer a call expecting at worst one to be ordered in. The parts guy comes back with you can't buy them separately, they come with a new set of discs... My reaction was are you sure? He came back with yes definately and I doubt anywhere else will sell them on their own... Really and thanks for nothing!!

Gave Two Techs in Dartford a call as they generally do the work on my car that I can't, they said they fit loads of Renault supplied discs and have never had new bolts supplied with them, but have kindly offered to give me a new bolt from their spares.

My previous cars have been BMW and you can get pretty much every bolt, clip, trim part etc.. required.
So either Toomeys were trying it on, or they couldn't be bothered to found out.

That's all, just surprised of the level of service from the local main dealer.

Last edited:
there is ur answer..."COULDN'T BE BOTHERED"..well a couple of screws won't make them rich :d
wouldn't ring them for anything from now...