Disc Changer

i couldnt find it in a search.

the 6 CD Disc changer, where abouts is it actually located?
ill be buggered if i can find it in the car.

cheers

okay, it pops up saying 6 cd all the time on the functions, but wont ever accept more than one disc.

handbook was no help in the slightest.

Press load and one of the numbers 1-6 and follow what it says on the centre display

Didn't you just buy an R27? Why do you have a CD player??

you shouldn't have.

What does the R27 come with normally then?

Just looked at the R27 that user C63 has linked in the eBay finds, that has a CD player aswell chap!!

Last edited:
Ah, so it is a CD player, just not the 6 disc?
i wouldn't have said looking at the head unit it's a disc changer, but when scrolling thru the options it shows '6 CD' so I wondered what was going on.

Single CD it is for now then :smile:

No, that stereo you have IS the 6 disc, but that's not what's spec'd for the R27, so maybe that's why it's not working properly....assuming you're pressing the load button then the number etc

No no, it doesn't look like the one pictures up the page tho, so it must be a normal single cd as per factory.
the exact same as the one in the link by C63.

I'm puzzled now.
it was the misses saying 'I can't put any more CD's in'
so I started hunting, lol.

no idea why he's worried, it's probably done 10 miles since owning it, and it will played about with soon anyhow.

Mine says that also but no changer, dealer said a changer is an option, instead I now got the gen iPod cable routed into the glovebox, this plugs into the same plug on the rear of the standard units that a changer would. Operations work via the changer functions in the radio menu

im sure i also heard you coudnt spec the cabasse and recaros together. when i fitted my recaros one of the crossbars under the seat would stop the seat sliding all the way forward due to the headunit under the seat