Dipstick snapped

There is stainless steel ,actualy it is what i got the car with from the factory..
Update soon with the part number
P.s If you guys got the plastic ones(its pure rubbish)

Quick update on this one, just been to the main dealer pick the new dipstick up and they have given me a stainless steel one, so either they have given me the wrong part or Renault have uprated the part!

Quick update on this one, just been to the main dealer pick the new dipstick up and they have given me a stainless steel one, so either they have given me the wrong part or Renault have uprated the part!

Is the part number the same as above? Be good if you could post a picture of it, and the part number. Tempted to order one from RPD once confirmed!

Checked : the metal/steel dipstick part number is : 8200962987
This is the correct part number ,ive checked my own dipstick to make sure too .
Maybe they updated to a new part number
Btw ive never liked the plastic one ,it looks like its not even fit to our cars by100% , seemed to be oversized(too long)

I'm fairly certain mine is a stainless steel one, definitely not plastic. 2007 R27. Perhaps it's been changed in the past, before I owned her.

Yes that is the correct part number.

Unfortunately when I changed my PCV valve I started the car up to check that it made no funny noises only to see smoke bellowing out the engine, looks like the new manifold has blown an hole....gutted (and fed up of owning a Clio 197)

Yes that is the correct part number.

Unfortunately when I changed my PCV valve I started the car up to check that it made no funny noises only to see smoke bellowing out the engine, looks like the new manifold has blown an hole....gutted (and fed up of owning a Clio 197)

"New" manifold ? Do explain please...... Was it second-hand, new, one you bought with new flexis welded in or ??

Actually I may of jumped the gun here, yes the manifold is a new toyo but......

I removed the PCV valve and pipe last night which has oil in and this may of dripped on the manifold, started the car tonight it may be residue burning off perhaps? I have just been back out to start up again and no smoke/fumes?

I removed the PCV valve and pipe last night which has oil in and this may of dripped on the manifold, started the car tonight it may be residue burning off perhaps? I have just been back out to start up again and no smoke/fumes?

THANK GOD and sounds logical.

There's no reason for a hole in an exhaust to cause oil burning either.

Fingers and toes crossed for you :smile:

dont panic here..sure it was just some oil burning off :sunglasses:
my dipstick is plastic..gotta see if i can replace it at some point

Definitely worth buying the stainless dipstick, it's a"twisted" design and fits down the tube a lot better, the plastic one always seemed to want to twist and turn as you pushed it in?

Make sense.. sure thats the reason ,nothing to worry about .

Definitely worth buying the stainless dipstick, it's a"twisted" design and fits down the tube a lot better, the plastic one always seemed to want to twist and turn as you pushed it in?
So the steel does... (Twisty)
The thing with the plastic is that it looks like it pushed in under pressure cuz its too long for the tube..

I think it just a case of it being pushed round an s bend, poor design. My BMW has a three foot dipstick which has a slow bend in the tube, that is made from a springy metal with plastic at the end for measure, great design...

mmm only ever known 197/200 have metal dipsticks...other clio engines have plastic dipsticks...:excited: