diagnose clio 200 engine knocking (video)

As i said previously, my concern would be that the metal particles have gone throughout the entire engine, the oil pump should definitely be replaced, my big concern though would be possible scoring of the bores which would mean reboring or at the very least honing the block & replacing the pistons.
I think you should definitely insist on a new engine.

it would need lots of metal in the oil to damage the bores and also get through 2 lots of filtration....

more of a worry is when the white metal turns to a "paste" and can clog small oil ways ie vvt control system

when caught earlier enough as i think this is the case most of the bearing metal is collected in the sump and pick-up area so very little gets araound the entire engine

Since i've been the victim of conrod faillure myself last year, some silly questions, which I'm sure someone will gladly reply to...

1. Can you over revv an engine when there's a limiter that's supposed to kick in?
2. Most likely 'oil starvation' seems to be the problem here. That's where I'm a bit lost. I find this hard to visualize; meaning, is it a pressure problem causing some (tiny) places to run out of oil or too high viscosity to flow through small orifices in providing lubrification upto a certain point? When my engine went, it was the two con rod's (bearings of them) located to the opposite side of the oil pump that were damaged.

how many Clio RS 200 Cup owners are having this problem?

i really love the car, now im kinda disappointed and afraid to buy the Clio RS 200....

Since i've been the victim of conrod faillure myself last year, some silly questions, which I'm sure someone will gladly reply to...

1. Can you over revv an engine when there's a limiter that's supposed to kick in?
2. Most likely 'oil starvation' seems to be the problem here. That's where I'm a bit lost. I find this hard to visualize; meaning, is it a pressure problem causing some (tiny) places to run out of oil or too high viscosity to flow through small orifices in providing lubrification upto a certain point? When my engine went, it was the two con rod's (bearings of them) located to the opposite side of the oil pump that were damaged.

1 - you can over rev it by selecting the wrong gear and this gives an engine over-speed by forcing it via the wheels and gearbox to go over the electronic limit built in

2 - bearing failure - the bearings are usually a white metal and soft in nature to prevent dirt and metal going round the engine (the dirt can embed in the soft metal) when they run dry they pick up and can melt/stick to the crank and this in effect pulls the bearings apart specially the surface of soft white metal - this then causes excessive oil loss/clearance and eventually you end up with the backing material of the bearing rattling on the crank - this can also disintegrate and end up metal-on-metal

You can over rev an engine by dropping it in too low a gear at high speed so the vehicles momentum will turn the engine over to a rate depending on the gear ratio. Unlike on acceleration where the engine is limited to acceleration through power with fuel/ignition restriction, the internals will physically turn as quick as it will with an external source rotating it to that speed.

Does that make sense? Difficult to explain lol.

Thank god it's under warranty!! I'm never owning another Renault outside of warranty and my 200 will be my last Renault after owning 5 in a row. Shocking how common these and other major failiures appear to be on the 200's.

Don't be disheartend mate, all makes and models have their failures. At the end of the day even the most expensive built engine is just man made moving parts and can fail at any time for any given reason ( why I always think irrational fears of flying aren't so irrational lol! ).

You only hear of the failures on here, nobody ever says 'my engines on 100,000 miles and still perfect, a pat on the back Renault'.

exact same issue i had with mine after 2000 miles and 2 months old, it got a full new engine under warranty and then a following 15 trips to the dealer to try and rectify the mistakes they made, not including the car being dangerously released to me with the subframe not fitted properly,

if it was me id be demanding a replacement car rather than repair if its new.