decent cheep car??? to replace the 197

What are you talking about? Aside from bragging that you got a lot of torque out of a PD115?

All I did was to constructively suggest either a Fabia VRS (130PS) or an Ibiza TDi with 130 or 150PS.

Depending on how important economy is, you might get into a Fabia VRS or Ibiza TDi130/150 by then?

To which you replied;

they dont do a TDI 150 VRS or ibiza

Granted the Ibiza is 158/160PS, not 150, but you didn't seem interested in saying anything constructive, just having a rant about pump duse, which is pretty irrelevant as both the cars I mentioned feature pump duse.

Could you remind me of your point again, I seem to have missed it?

Incredibly juicy, and they rot! Plus awful turning circle.

Juicy? Do you mean they're thursty? The turning circle is poor, but the trade off is a great set of 16" wheels. They do rot too, but you could probably sort it fairly easily. My missus has a SportKa SE and it has so much equipment for a small car like leather and 6cd player. Parts are cheap, the timing chain doesn't need changing for 9 years or something, so servicing is cheap too. But the best thing is that they are great to drive and supprisingly tourqey and quick. They have loads of grip and can really handle the corners.

They always hada good write up too. I didn't like them until I drove the other halfs. The dash is much improvdd after 2005 though, so I wouldn't get an earlier one.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ka's and SportKa's, brilliant fun, but I think the SportKa could have been so much better with a Zetec-SE engine instead of the 8v Rocam. I have heard of people getting mid 20's to the gallon!

Plus with Ka (and Mk3-5 Fiesta, Puma, Courier, etc.) once the rust starts, you are forever keeping on top of it.

Gouldy, without wanting to be rude, for someone who hasn't got a Clio, you do use the 197 forum quite a lot and frequently mention VAG engines and how much better they are than anything else. Are you a member on a VAG forum?

Don't get me wrong, I love Ka's and SportKa's, brilliant fun, but I think the SportKa could have been so much better with a Zetec-SE engine instead of the 8v Rocam. I have heard of people getting mid 20's to the gallon!

Plus with Ka (and Mk3-5 Fiesta, Puma, Courier, etc.) once the rust starts, you are forever keeping on top of it.

Ye, 27 mpg is about what she gets!

Gouldy, without wanting to be rude, for someone who hasn't got a Clio, you do use the 197 forum quite a lot and frequently mention VAG engines and how much better they are than anything else. Are you a member on a VAG forum?

not really, i went off VAG cars a while back. i had one for a work bus which is what they are very good for. reliable, cheap to run and not slow either. IMO they are too heavy and bulky for toys and track days. especially diesels.

i am a member of a lot of forums, passion ford through to 197.net to briskoda.net and everything in between.

What are you talking about? Aside from bragging that you got a lot of torque out of a PD115?

All I did was to constructively suggest either a Fabia VRS (130PS) or an Ibiza TDi with 130 or 150PS.

To which you replied;

Granted the Ibiza is 158/160PS, not 150, but you didn't seem interested in saying anything constructive, just having a rant about pump duse, which is pretty irrelevant as both the cars I mentioned feature pump duse.

Could you remind me of your point again, I seem to have missed it?

my point is dont try and mug me off on a forum when your knowledge of road going vehicles is clearly inferior. im on here trying to help people out.

that is all.

Lol! Calm people, calm! Lol! You want to buy my 406 estate mate? I know you wanted smaller, but you could get a cheap small car in the boot of this! Lol! I've only just put it up for sale, so just trying to get some interest in it.

the posts on this thread have been reported and looked in to

if anymore abuse is used as such in this thread or other parts of the forum then those doing it will be removed/banned without redress -

you have been warned !