decent cheep car??? to replace the 197

what car would you get if you had to get rid of your 197/200 for a cheeper car ie 2k ish as ill be getin rid in the next year to get a house, im thinking something like a 106 quiksliver ect. goin to hate it but i cant live with mum forever :001_unsure:

I have never owned one, but I would suggest a 172/182.

Depending on how important economy is, you might get into a Fabia VRS or Ibiza TDi130/150 by then?

iv got a 182 aswell that the mises drives lol was thinking smaller and cheeper, gona hate it she will have a faster car than me

Get a 106 gti not a quiksilver, it will kill you to go in something that slow lol, gti's are quick though!

The cupra Ibiza TDIs have the PD 160 engines. (PD stands for pump deuce (how ever thats spelt) btw)

Last edited:
But it's a 1.9TDi PD, with 158PS, right? Granted I said 150, but your inference was that neither the Fabia nor Ibiza were available with that kind of power. Most if not all 1.9TDi's with more than 110PS are the "Pump Düse" engine aren't they?

But it's a 1.9TDi PD, with 158PS, right? Granted I said 150, but your inference was that neither the Fabia nor Ibiza were available with that kind of power. Most if not all 1.9TDi's with more than 110PS are the "Pump Düse" engine aren't they?

stop babbling and pay attention.

the PD engines are a superior engine to the slightly older VAG TDI engines. the main difference is the injecters have their own fuel pumps on the fuel rail and use swirl pots to inject the fuel into the cylinders.

the old TDI engines are the 90hp and the 110hp

the PD engines are the 100,115,130,150, 160 and 170 hp engines.

i got 306 lbs ft of torque out of a PD 115 engine, if you know your PD engines you will know how hard that is.