De-cat on K-tec exhaust...worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you see much gain in performance, or just flat spots?

Would noise be a problem?

Would it be best to just have the KTR Cat back installed alone?

Would it be wiser to have the Cat back system put on, then decide to have a de-cat, then have a remap done a month or two afterwards?

Last edited:
I had the Ktec Cat back system fitted today and its loud enough for me, if anything a little to loud! Seems to pop on every gear change nearly.

No chance I will be getting a decat :smile:

I run the ktect catback and decat, its just quite simply epic. Im rarely on the motorway but when I am its a pain in the ass tbh.

you will need a remap ideally after the decat is fitted due to the flat spot but you can drive it without having a remap

I had the Ktec Cat back system fitted today and its loud enough for me, if anything a little to loud! Seems to pop on every gear change nearly.

No chance I will be getting a decat :smile:

Oooo sweet! Did you fit it or have it done professionally? (Mechanic? - if so how much was the fitting charge?)

I run the ktect catback and decat, its just quite simply epic. Im rarely on the motorway but when I am its a pain in the ass tbh.

you will need a remap ideally after the decat is fitted due to the flat spot but you can drive it without having a remap

Cheers mate. Looking at buying end of month!

It'll quieten down a little once it's coked up.

Fitting should take no more than an hour and a half, fitting costs will vary depending on the labour rate of the garage you go to...

Most things relating to exhausts are covered in here, from reviews to Miltek Vs. K-Tec and info' about Decat/Sports-Cat etc. plus videos;

http://clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22200

Status
Not open for further replies.