Damaged repaired 197 project, now with kw's, spacers and splitter:-)

put some pics on before in newbe area, thought i would so thread now in here:-

will try make the story as short as i can, was looking on ebay at cars like normal and ame across damaged clio 197, borther has tweeked 172 so quite liked the 197 after seeing them on a renault day at olton park!

so anyway few phone calls latter and i bought the car without seeing it, bit silly maybe but hey was impulse buy! latter that week i went to pick the car up, on route bought a door of a clio 200 for £80!

got the car, was in beta condition than i expected, but didnt start and side air bag had gone off:-( which they did not say in advert or on phone! they agreed to sourse me a seat air bag but came back with car a non starter!

here are pics when i got it home!

clio197_002.jpg

clio197_003.jpg

clio197_006.jpg

clio197_004.jpg

clio197_009.jpg

clio197_012.jpg

that was 3 weeks ago now! spend around 1k repairing that includes, genuine seat cover, abs module, new badges for door and sill, new rear 1/4 panel( expencive) and few other bits and pieces! i have done all the work myself!

and this is how it looks now........

clio197_001.jpg

clio197_003.jpg

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/1094/clio197_004.jpg[/img

[img]http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/1094/clio197_006.jpg

clio197_008.jpg

clio197_010.jpg

picking up cut splitter in next few days and coilovers are on order with spacers to follow!

really pleased with it and its just gonna be a nice practical normal car!

then:-

popped to renault and just about got the cup splitter in the vx, who said vx220's are not practical, lol

and fitted it this afternoon

clio197_0011.jpg

clio197_007.jpg

clio197_005.jpg

latest update:-

well ap suspension arrived end of last month after waiting few weeks for it to come! got it back to find it didnt fit........

so mum has had the car for last few weeks since start of the month when i got it taxed, she thinks is nice and relaxing to drive, just slow and rubbish on fuel! her exige is far faster and way beta on fuel also, she was getting 24mpg from the clio, gets 32mpg from exige!

anyway, suspension changed and got this yesterday.......

KW V1 kit, and eibach 25ml spacers!

iaz204isback_002.jpg

iaz204isback_003.jpg

fitted last night, wanted the back a little lower but it still practical, does not catch and ride is good:smile:

iaz204isback_018.jpg

iaz204isback_019.jpg

iaz204isback_021.jpg

iaz204isback_023.jpg

iaz204isback_025.jpg

iaz204isback_024.jpg

iaz204isback_026.jpg

and one off all 3 cars together all been given a clean

iaz204isback_007.jpg

Nice work mate!

I'm glad somebody is giving the 197 the care and attention it deserves.

Bet that rear 1/4 panel was a b*****d to fit. Doesn't it require welding to body? Good effort though, you can't tell any difference, good as
new!

if you know its been repaired you could prob tell if you looked in that area, but still looks good, yea planel was welded in!

pretty impressed with handling but also suprised at how bad fuel consumption is! lol

Yes fuel consumption isn't the best, but I knew that buying the car.

I suppose it's what you get from a n/a engine that only comes to life between 5k-7.5k rpm. I average about 25mpg, however I find even if I floor it, short shift at about 5.5-6k rpm and fuel consumption goes down to about 27-28mpg.

Reactions: Stee-low
Yes fuel consumption isn't the best, but I knew that buying the car.

I suppose it's what you get from a n/a engine that only comes to life between 5k-7.5k rpm. I average about 25mpg, however I find even if I floor it, short shift at about 5.5-6k rpm and fuel consumption goes down to about 27-28mpg.

i didnt expect to be comparing the fuel consumption to the vx220 i have tho, that has 300hp and gets to 60 in almost half the time! and driven hard all the time get about 18-20mpg! taking it easy it would be same as clio i think!

Done a top job there mate.

I'm not keen on the 25mm spacers from the back though the wheels/tyres look odd and skinny. I had them on for about 6 months on my last 197 and sold them.

Brilliant colour to :wink:

Looks great mate very nice .

I was wondering if youcould tell me how high in mm the car us front and rear ?

I measure mine from the floor through the wheels centre cap and take the measurement when the tape meets the arch.

Please advise if possible

Thanks

Looks great mate very nice .

I was wondering if youcould tell me how high in mm the car us front and rear ?

I measure mine from the floor through the wheels centre cap and take the measurement when the tape meets the arch.

Please advise if possible

Thanks

so u just want me to measure from middle of wheel to arch yea? front and back? will try find tape measure and let u know

Yeh sort of I'm not sure of the best way to measure the ride height is but I did this

Put end of tape on the floor

measure up to the arch

Making sure the tape measure passes through the centre of the wheel (centre cap)

Hope that makes sense . Shoud measure 630/640mm but we will see want to try and get that stance looks great

Front and rear please tar

Yeh sort of I'm not sure of the best way to measure the ride height is but I did this

Put end of tape on the floor

measure up to the arch

Making sure the tape measure passes through the centre of the wheel (centre cap)

Hope that makes sense . Shoud measure 630/640mm but we will see want to try and get that stance looks great

Front and rear please tar

will do it latter, just whipped a front wheel off to have slow puncture repaired!