bought damaged 197 and repaired, just thought i would say hi! pics inside

will try make the story as short as i can, was looking on ebay at cars like normal and ame across damaged clio 197, borther has tweeked 172 so quite liked the 197 after seeing them on a renault day at olton park!

so anyway few phone calls latter and i bought the car without seeing it, bit silly maybe but hey was impulse buy! latter that week i went to pick the car up, on route bought a door of a clio 200 for £80!

got the car, was in beta condition than i expected, but didnt start and side air bag had gone off:-( which they did not say in advert or on phone! they agreed to sourse me a seat air bag but came back with car a non starter!

here are pics when i got it home!

clio197_002.jpg

clio197_003.jpg

clio197_006.jpg

clio197_004.jpg

clio197_009.jpg

clio197_012.jpg

that was 3 weeks ago now! spend around 1k repairing that includes, genuine seat cover, abs module, new badges for door and sill, new rear 1/4 panel( expencive) and few other bits and pieces! i have done all the work myself!

and this is how it looks now........

clio197_001.jpg

clio197_003.jpg

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/1094/clio197_004.jpg[/img

[img]http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/1094/clio197_006.jpg

clio197_008.jpg

clio197_010.jpg

picking up cut splitter in next few days and coilovers are on order with spacers to follow!

really pleased with it and its just gonna be a nice practical normal car!

being generally a vauxhall man my other toys are :-

vxvan_009.jpg

vxvan_013.jpg

vxvan_022.jpg

290hp vx220 with is pretty heavly modified, these pics were from just after i painted it, got compos on it now and 888's coming!

other toy is the van

vxvan_012.jpg

had this on one track day and did well, its running mk5 astra vxr engine with 6 speed box and all totally stripped so weight is down to 1200kg! power wise its just again around 290 now its had 3inch exhuast on it

looks like a good site, just thought i would say hi and share they little collection, hehe

Welcome to the site.
Big respect for the work on all the cars.
Where you based.?

yea big petrol head yea :smile:

i am totally self tought and only do painting and mecanicing in my spare time! done all sorts of cars, bought a damaged exige 240pp last year that my mum has, yea u did read that right this is mums car:-

vxmeetsexige_007.jpg

few other cars i have done along the say, sure lots are not to peoples taste buy was trendy at the time and leart loads from doing them:-

jagcorsa

wheelsareon_015.jpg

astra 2.1 turbo, 285phb, bal bla bla

photoshoots_003.jpg

pink rallycorss car

michealsmini_026.jpg

flip corsa

hitmanxcarfliplaquered_004.jpg

hitmanxcarflip18s_009.jpg

van when it was blue

vanc2_006.jpg

corsa, 2litre turbo

corsaturbo_001.JPG

how the vx looked when i bought it:-

vx6.jpg

vx2.jpg

and yes that is the same front clam but repaired!

mates yellow vx i painted

vxexige_005.jpg

another corsa

almostdone_012.jpg

brother fist clio,

clioalmostdone_002.jpg

my first vx

vxdone_005.jpg

another respray

markscorsapolished2_002.jpg

corsa brava

img_00071.jpg

carpicsmore_007.jpg

img_0017.jpg

img_00072.jpg

dad liked his cars also:-

lotus_004.jpg

another flip painted corsa

progresspolis_004.jpg

painted brother rx8

cars_030.jpg

just a few cars i have done in past i dont know how many years, hehe

just got back from my shed now painting some cosworth wheels and repairing a diatsu fortrak, lol

Love that you've sprayed the door handles body colour on the clio, I think thats a first. Looks great aswell.

Love that you've sprayed the door handles body colour on the clio, I think thats a first. Looks great aswell.

really thats a first?!?! lol

the only reason it happened was cos the new door had silver handle and other side was black, which also prob would have been a first, same with bump strips so decided to just do them all blue and make them match! was either that or everything gloss black! trying not to modify anything to much, cos if i dont like it them mum wants it i think! lol

Welcome to the site mate! You seem to be doing really well with those cars! I like the Exige it looks top dollar!

Iv been to Ellesmere before nice little place!

flaming, do u know where the guy got the seat airbag from??? also how did u stick the airbag compartment back togther??

Great work on all of them, v impressed. Think you should keep the 197 though, don't give it to your mum, you'll only regret it haha!