Déjà-blue - The tale of R27 #375

Brilliant reply [MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION] thank you very much for taking the time to write it.

The wing on the MX5 is... questionable. But that car is more about "because I can" than "because I am an aerodynamic genius", and at least it is used properly in any case!

And yes I do think the 197 is an awesome looking bit of kit. I do have to remind myself now and again that it is an 8 year old car, as it still manages to look pretty fresh and modern, timeless almost. It's the perfect hot hatch silhouette, wheel on each corner, stubby overhangs, muscular haunches, squat and compact without being cramped, loads of glass, maximum function with minimal fuss... Renault really got it right with this one!

Rob

Another great read [MENTION=50772]godders[/MENTION] with some brilliant videos and photos :smile: Fantastic looking R27.

Sorry to hear about your friend's crash in the MX5, must have been scary! Glad no one was hurt though.

Looking forward to the next update.

Please tell me how I've just found this thread?

Great read, really enjoyed it! You have such a smart way with words that make it vastly more entertaining!

What spacers are you using [MENTION=50772]godders[/MENTION]? I take it from all the track days that you do you would be in the camp that thinks that spacers don't affect the cars handling? (I'm assuming you are usingn spacers from the pictures)

Another great read @godders with some brilliant videos and photos :smile: Fantastic looking R27.

Sorry to hear about your friend's crash in the MX5, must have been scary! Glad no one was hurt though.

Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks for the comment [MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION], glad you enjoyed it!

Please tell me how I've just found this thread?

Great read, really enjoyed it! You have such a smart way with words that make it vastly more entertaining!

Great to hear [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION], thanks very much for commenting!

What spacers are you using @godders? I take it from all the track days that you do you would be in the camp that thinks that spacers don't affect the cars handling? (I'm assuming you are usingn spacers from the pictures)

They are the 19mm spacers all round from KTec, and to be honest they've been on the car since I bought it so I've no experience of driving it without them! Personally I think the wider track makes a whole world of difference to the looks of the car and that is enough for me to leave them on there. If the car would handle significantly better with them removed I would be very, very surprised.