CV Boot - Meg 250, help?

Cleaning the car at the weekend and noticed that the nearside door and arch was covered in a load of what looked like tar and oil, wouldn't budge and eventually had to get my mate to machine it out.

On closer inspection of the car, I noticed that there was fluid/oil/grease? sitting on the wheel and also sprayed around the arch ( see pictured ). Initial thought was that it may be brake fluid as I had the fluid changed last week, however I've no loss of pedal and there is no braking faults whatsoever. I also suspected it may be a leaking shock but doubt this also as the handling of the car remains absolutely fine.

I'm putting a wild guess at it being the CV boot as the car recently had both hubs and a driveshaft changed, I'm guessing Renault may have not put the CV clip in properly and this is why my car is covered in S*ite

11lh63p.jpg

2u7x1ud.jpg

2vdl20y.jpg

2helta9.jpg

I'm gonna be taking the wheel off tonight to get a better look and also take it to Renault tomorrow a tech to look at properly, in the meantime, anyone got any ideas what it may be?

My money is on a leaking cv boot bud!!! As you say it was hard to come off the paintwork sounds like cv grease horrible stuff to work with!!!