200: CUP and NON CUP Difference.

'Been a good read, this thread. There's some excellent input, but this sums it up for me.

Unless you are 9stone wet through I wouldn't bother buying a cup to save weight i'd get down tesco and buy all the slim fast...

Couldn't agree more.

Don't get me wrong, and this is aimed at no one in particular, but, I just don't understand people who are willing to go out of their way and pay for car weight reduction over looking at their personal physical condition.

There's much more to be gained by being healthy and athletic in the long run, over removing your rear seats or buying a cup pack.

Not to mention, living healthy is cheaper than McDonalds and a daily walk/run costs nothing.

If you weigh 15kg more than you should, and you remove the back seats, you're still essentially carrying 15kg more than you need to be.

I just don't get it - I just do not get it.

My Cup has front fogs.. Never use them though. Got rear headrests too but I may rip them out to save some more weight :wink:

Id of only ever bought a Cup.. I only wanted a Cup in white. The black rub strips and mitrors look great against the white body. Its also a car to keep for the long term so didn't want keyless entry or fancy lights etc, all more stuff to go wrong.

I suppose it all depends on how seriously you take to the track days, the cup has a decent saving on weight so is ideal for motorsports but if your going to use it everyday then you may appreciate the luxurys of the full fat such as the aircon in thr summer months - very handy in traffic.

Personally I only use mine at weekends so wanted a few luxuries but the superior handling/ride of the cup so naturally the FF with cup chasis and recaros was the only way forward :smiley:

I don't intend on using it on the track whilst its worth so much and me being so inexperienced at them, when I get some experience in my daily car on track then I'd probably take the clio out.

I'd rather lose more wait than sacrifice the luxeries lol

'Been a good read, this thread. There's some excellent input, but this sums it up for me.

Couldn't agree more.

Don't get me wrong, and this is aimed at no one in particular, but, I just don't understand people who are willing to go out of their way and pay for car weight reduction over looking at their personal physical condition.

There's much more to be gained by being healthy and athletic in the long run, over removing your rear seats or buying a cup pack.

Not to mention, living healthy is cheaper than McDonalds and a daily walk/run costs nothing.

If you weigh 15kg more than you should, and you remove the back seats, you're still essentially carrying 15kg more than you need to be.

I just don't get it - I just do not get it.

Totally agree with Tom here.

Apart from... Healthy eating is exspensive. That's why half of England live off McDonalds and fast food.

But as said its down to preference. I personally have a cup specced FF, only way I would have done it, renaults luxuries are limited as they are so not having them would of been like having my rover metro back! Albeit a very quick metro :wink:

i am slightly over weight, my 200 is a FF, yet it is still faster than 99.9% of Cup's on here...... F4Rt FTW TBF IMO GTF

(post totally made with tongue firmly in cheek)

Totally agree with Tom here.

Apart from... Healthy eating is exspensive. That's why half of England live off McDonalds and fast food.

But as said its down to preference. I personally have a cup specced FF, only way I would have done it, renaults luxuries are limited as they are so not having them would of been like having my rover metro back! Albeit a very quick metro :wink:

:w00t: Some salad and a chicken breast is still cheaper than McDonalds :chair:

To those that say 46Kg isnt much, your wrong lol.

We just loaded 2 full suitcases into the boot of the 200. Sadly weighed them before sticking 'em in and conveniently they way 46Kgs in total. Makes such a difference to acceleration imo.

is it not 36kgs between cup and ff ?

Noodie do you also not have a passenger and a child in there just the now .

It's actually only 36kgs, but with the weight of the person thing I think that's totally off topic. It doesn't matter if you weigh 50kg's or 100kg's, the car will still be 36kg's lighter with you in it!

is it not 36kgs between cup and ff ?

Noodie do you also not have a passenger and a child in there just the now .

Dont know where I got 46 from then lol.

Yup. Got 3 suitcases in the boot. I travel cot, buggy, camera bag, Emma's vanity case, 3 shoulder bags, Jacks changing back and of course Jack and his baby seat. Started off with a full tank of fuel also so at the start of the journey it was the heaviest Cup in the world lol.

Dont know where I got 46 from then lol.

Yup. Got 3 suitcases in the boot. I travel cot, buggy, camera bag, Emma's vanity case, 3 shoulder bags, Jacks changing back and of course Jack and his baby seat. Started off with a full tank of fuel also so at the start of the journey it was the heaviest Cup in the world lol.

LOL :smile: Slammed :smile:

It's actually only 36kgs, but with the weight of the person thing I think that's totally off topic. It doesn't matter if you weigh 50kg's or 100kg's, the car will still be 36kg's lighter with you in it!

very true :lol:

if that concerned for lightness and a track car then the clio isnt the right car...

For the price of chicken brest and salad, you could have a mc Donald's.

Chicken is very expensive now.

Well it is around here. £3 for 2 tiny breasts