Cruise control and limiter

Discussion in 'Interior and Audio' started by Dumdum, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200 CUP/fiat ducato campervan
    out of interest @turkie172 do you have any wiring diagrams for this on a 200, it will definately benefit the forum if you do as I am gonna see if I can’t add it to my cup with a series of buttons on the dash and a switch for penny’s and then do a how too :smile:

2. turkie172

turkie172 Paid Member

Car:
    I'm pretty sure it's the computer that does the bulk of the work I would need to know the cars details year and options. I'm not sure which computer controls it I'm guessing the injection and bcm and the second is defiantly different because no keyless entry. I'm guessing you could go low tech swap the looms and computers from a make the cup into a full 197. The cups what they were for was to strip out for track cars I feel bad when I see R27's converted for pure track there was only 500 to start with. PM me the oval plate picture and tell me the year and I'll see if there is a diagram it will be the safety end that I would worry about the extra travel in the accelerator pedal to deactivate and brake pedal function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  3. turkie172

turkie172 Paid Member

Car:
    Listed as speed control "all types" 2008 model
    upload_2018-7-17_11-24-0.png
    331 CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH
    1081 CRUISE CONTROL LIMITER START STOP CONTROL
    1519 UNDER STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
    R107 DASHBOARD/FRONT OF ENGINE CONNECTION

Two different diagrams not sure but could be cup and full fat 197
    upload_2018-7-17_11-30-11.png
    upload_2018-7-17_11-30-51.png
    upload_2018-7-17_11-35-9.png
    1081 is wired back into the injection computer (120)

Pav and Sean197 like this.
  4. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Can you do me a further favour and check if the plug in 1519 has 8 or ten pins which also includes 4 or 5 for the airbag aswell, the horn definately doesn’t go through it as it still worked with the plug unplugged, so that may go on canbus I reckon

Basically my plan is to fit several switches under the indicator stalk and fit a switch by the handbrake just to switch between limits and cruise, I have shorted the pins out and activated cruise and limiter in parameters, but my Delphi wouldn’t allow me to configure the options I needed to swap in clocks, engine etc, itdoes hoecer have a clutch switch fitted which is good news and I could also see that switch in parameters So a bit of programming and we should all be good, might need to get me a clip if none of my motor trade mates have got a clip...

5. turkie172

turkie172 Paid Member

Car:
    Someone on the forum has a clip for sale but be very careful of the software cd for viruses some can be false alarms but the disk I have was full of real viruses so grab an old or basic laptop for the job then you can sell it on as a kit with no personal information at risk

6. turkie172

turkie172 Paid Member

Car:
    I flying at the minute if I get a chance later on I'll have a look if I can remote back to my pc

7. turkie172

turkie172 Paid Member

Car:
    I think I looked up that plug there was a lot of options mostly airbag multi circuits etc

Dumdum likes this.
  8. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    I am fairly sure I’ve found the correct plug, just need to get Clip to enable it :smile:

9. turkie172

turkie172 Paid Member

Car:
    Seems its three connectors as 1519

6 pin
    18 pin
    10 pin
    upload_2018-7-18_0-52-2.png upload_2018-7-18_0-54-11.png
    upload_2018-7-18_0-48-32.png
    upload_2018-7-18_1-4-7.png

upload_2018-7-18_0-58-54.png

upload_2018-7-18_1-5-55.png
    upload_2018-7-18_1-6-41.png
    upload_2018-7-18_0-59-39.png
    upload_2018-7-18_1-0-16.png

Attached Files:

10. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    That’s perfect mate! Thankyou! I had got the right two wires! I must get me these wiring diagrams by hook or by crook, got a workshop repair manual on my phone, hopefully wiring would be in it, but no, no such luck :worried:

11. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Ebay item 392065896921 that is a full fat so will have keyless entry and climate :wink:

12. Chris V6

Chris V6 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 182 and 200
    From looking at my cup it has the plug for the cruise control switch by the hand break but a blanking cover for were the switch should be.

If the loom is there would it not just be the case of adding the switches and then telling the computer it’s there .

13. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    Yes I’ve found that, and on Delphi diag it says cruise or limiter enabled depending which pins I link, need to get myself a clip and enable it, the steering wheel switches are a bit more awkward, I’ve found the wires where they go into the clock spring, but to save buying a new switch pack and an airbag I am going to utilise the spare space under the indicator stalk and fit four small switches in there which will negate the clock spring and go direct to the two wires which I have a diagram for already with resistors in circuit for the four functions, sounds simple when I say it quick :smile:

14. Chris V6

Chris V6 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 182 and 200
    I have a wheel with the buttons that I am getting re trimmed so I could just use the buttons and plug those in.

I have also read about the pedal needing a speed sensor or something and not all have this ?

15. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    That would be the clutch switch and mine defo has a clutch switch :smiley:

The issue you’ll have is the steering wheel needs a clock spring like the airbag connections run down in the switch unit behind the steering wheel, mine definitely doesn’t have the extra two connections from the clock spring being a cup and I’m not arsed about it being steering wheel mounted, hence finding another location for them :smile: also the airbag is different on a cruise wheel :wink:

16. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    apparently from a little digging you can solder very carefully to the other end of the clock spring and add the two wires behind the steering wheel with some stripping

17. Dumdum

Dumdum Gold Member

Car:
    For anyone that cares I have fitted four switches under the indicator switch, added some resistors and a few bits of wire and voila! Shorted out the pins on the plug in the centre console, I have no lights on the dash, but my speedo says how fast I’m going :smile: and I know cruise is on because it works :smile: all resistor values are in a pic in my progress thread along with pics of switches and stuff