Cro's r27 f1- build video inside

Ha got some looks on the drive home!!

Took advantage of a cheeky day off

76DE24C5-31E2-4983-9315-F93229D45BA3-4020-000001E37A3FAD37_zpsf04a69fe.jpg

5A840A12-6A45-4895-836C-6CF0E5DACC2D-4020-000001E37038CC30_zpsf07e0dc8.jpg

And what all the fuss is about

989A4239-A33F-48CC-BDF0-D9C30A7A09F7-4020-000001E318D56E61_zpsecb060a6.jpg

Couldn't tell you what exhaust it is Jamie, doesn't seem to be any markings on it. Know much about your mates car?

Another Meg transplant, I'm liking this. We should get our own section in the register section for boosted clio's

If its the same car it was my old exhaust and i buffed the blueflame markings before i fitted it to my car should be an oval tip nearly fills the whole recess in the bumper. Is there dents on the sills? Renault put a cat in it and never screwed the pads up on the lift and damaged the sill iirc.

Yeah sounds like it could be the same one then Jamie! Lovely tips on it, some questionable welding further down the exhaust though lol. I've it off to sell on so i'll have another look for markings on it.

Could you ask your mate what happened it and anything he had done to it and fire me a PM, might save me some time when I start taking it apart

Another Meg transplant, I'm liking this. We should get our own section in the register section for boosted clio's

Deffo do Fernandez, especially as i'll be burning your ear off with questions about yours lol. Those hoses are exactly what im after for a start!

Yeah sounds like it could be the same one then Jamie! Lovely tips on it, some questionable welding further down the exhaust though lol. I've it off to sell on so i'll have another look for markings on it.

Could you ask your mate what happened it and anything he had done to it and fire me a PM, might save me some time when I start taking it apart

The exhaust always came loose just after the downpipe thats why i got rid of it but he welded it to keep it in place. Only things on it were dump valve a 57i k&n and a couple of hoses. I was to put a belt on it and it was getting a decat while i had it but it got burnt before he got the bits.

The hoses are Forge, I got them through one of my suppliers so can get you a set if you need some.

Cool, i'll give you a shout after I get the engine stripped and built back up

is there much melting damage to the engine plastics/sensors?

Not too bad dude, i'll replace all sensors anyway and probably plastics too with some forge/samco stuff but the fuel rail/ injectors etc are all grand.

Got the turbo off and seems grand, but it'l be sent off to get reconned, the worst melted thing that needs replaced will be the dipstick because the top has melted and the oil cap.

Internal check tomorrow probably so fingers crossed

Well bank holidays are where the magic happens, megane engine stripped and rebuilt with some arp rod bolts to be on the safe side of things, new gaskets and all timed up fresh as a daisy
4DE3BBBE-71A8-4B15-ABC0-7450BB592014-24320-00000E73BACEC8CC_zps15a69a79.jpg

Can't beat working in the sun, though now im sporting some sort of tan you'd usually see outside the local nightclub

E0307D6C-F8B8-4F23-8573-8894FC18B66B-24320-00000E732F1909F2_zpsfb8e274c.jpg

Quick lick of paint, on with the miltek decat heat wrapped and just waiting on some more parts to arrive. Need some pipework and links and I can get started in fabricating the intercooler stuff and then on to the exhaust. It has arrived but I just need to get everything in place and then work up a link pipe and we aren't far off ready to roll. Still searching for an engine loom and ecu from a megane, absolute pain in the hole to find

46D6B4E4-CE2F-42FB-8220-859D1895B061-24320-00000E733535BAA0_zps5a1f1997.jpg

These are the tailpipes of the system I went for, it's going to be snap, crackle and poptacular once i'm done with it

59FFFFBE-6A0C-4B2E-B902-11907E426EB3-24320-00000E74E0DE1300_zps4841513b.jpg

I need to work out what I can do with the turbo oil feed pipe you can see has been cut off, either replace with renault (expensive I imagine) or just used a universal braided hose and get ends to fit block and turbo. Any thoughts?

well it is a small world, i remember a few years back i bought some 2118's off of you from your 5 door clio. nice to see your back on the clio scene tinkering again.

ive just bought a 197 and would love to do a 225/R26 conversion myself so ill be keeping a close eye on this.

are you going to be using a standard megane ecu?

You'll need a late R26 ecu and loom otherwise you'll have issues with getting all the Clio software and immobiliser codes on...

Im sure any 225/r26 ecu will do, they are all the same! Tho theyight have issues if u try and put some of yhe 200 software on it :smile:

Im sure any 225/r26 ecu will do, they are all the same! Tho theyight have issues if u try and put some of yhe 200 software on it :smile:

Incorrect jonesy lol, there are 3 different types of just 225 ecu, Siemens, sagem and Johnson controls, then each 1 runs slightly different software and yes holy **** don't run 200 software on them it will do damage, trust me I've arsed about with too many of these ecus now and they don't all do the same........ Hey look I posted something helpful lol

Incorrect jonesy lol, there are 3 different types of just 225 ecu, Siemens, sagem and Johnson controls, then each 1 runs slightly different software and yes holy **** don't run 200 software on them it will do damage, trust me I've arsed about with too many of these ecus now and they don't all do the same........ Hey look I posted something helpful lol

Ohhhhhh :worried:

what software do you use to set up these ecu's? clip?

do you have to some how decode the ecu? as i would of thought a ecu that's coded to a megane wont cooperate with the clio uch no?

Similar Thread Suggestions