3rd, 4th Syncro's..

Alright everyone, new to the forum.

a couple of weeks ago i started getting a grinding/crunchin noise when puttin the clio into 4th which didnt feel right so i got it booked into the local dealer to checked over. Turns out both the 3rd and 4th gear syncros are shot. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thankfully i'm under warrenty.

Cheers,

Josh

You'll find numerous threads about this around the forum.

Unfortunately it's an all to common issue, but yeah, thankfully you're under warrenty.

Would cost you an arm and a leg (literally) to get it put right. £2k+...

Hopefully it'll all get sorted. Just sent it in for some new tyres as well and just replaced the rear pads, so quite a lot happening all at once. Glad i got payed today!

Just the syncros they said. I was telling them about the old syncros being carbon and the new ones being brass and they said they've had allsorts of problems with them. Clutch is getting done while the box is out.

I dont understand why everybody is so afraid of the gearbox failing . It is just the synchros . It is couple of hours job. Disassemble it , replace the synchros , and assemble it . A friend have the problem and is changing the clutch . I will make sure that we have all the pics from that job.

It's not that easy of a job and if you want do to a good job you have to replace a lot of other stuff than synchro s alone.

I dont understand why everybody is so afraid of the gearbox failing . It is just the synchros . It is couple of hours job. Disassemble it , replace the synchros , and assemble it . A friend have the problem and is changing the clutch . I will make sure that we have all the pics from that job.

its not a sunday morning on the driveway job is it :innocent:

Hey guys,

Well it looks like my 4th gear has decided to start crunching! Fantastic!

It's an 07 so unfortunately out of warrenty.

Which part(s) am I going to need replacing exactly? I'm going to approach RS Murray in Leeds to do the work (RS Tuning's Dad) as he's been great in the past.

Should I say it's something specific or just the whole gearbox...?

Thanks in advance