Crackle Map Ktec

Hi all

Sorry if this is on here but my search isnt working too well...

I have been looking at the crackle map, purely because i like the noise. Long term is this safe? Has anyone had any issues because of the over fuel at the end or has this been proven to be reliable for the engine? Any advice would be useful, I am not very technical...

i dont think the maps have been arround very long so i think it will hard for anyone to comment on the long hall bud but to be fair it cant be that great as it makes the engine over fule ? sounds great tho :thumbup:

I wouldn't!!

and if you buy the right exhaust you don't need a false pop and bang map :coffee:

Just use the right fuel. Mine pops on the standard exhaust all the time running it on the Shell super unleaded

I wouldn't!!

and if you buy the right exhaust you don't need a false pop and bang map :coffee:
This sums up my view. Over fueling doesn't sound like it does any good.
Buy an aftermarket stainless steel exhaust with decat and get your manifold cat removed and a normal remap. My pops without a map with just an exhaust w/ decat.

I have the full stainless system with decat and it pops like crazy. But I was told that's because its not mapped and the air/fuel mix isnt right, so once its mapped properly I will lose the pops, but I really like it so thats why I asked about the crackle.

If it will remain with a normal map thats the route I will take. Just without the pops it sounds a bit boring : )

I have the crackle map, as far as i'm aware it doesn't change the fueling, just the ignition timing. Prepared to be proved wrong though.

I would guess it done by adding over run fuelling, back in the day they used to do this on Cossies etc as it reduces cylinder temps, however I wouldn't imagine dumping neat fuel through a catalytic converter on modern cars is a good idea

If you want the biggest pops and bangs, then run a full de-cat and wack aircraft fuel in it 100 octanes, you notice a difference :lol:

More than likely achieved via retarding the ignition rather than deliberately dumping fuel, though essentially the same effect. It will probably be fine long term, main thing to worry about would be excess fuel casing bore wash. Just shove a wideband up the tailpipe after the map and just make sure it's not too rich anywhere.