Cost Price Speedlines

james_h

Platinum Member
I have a good friend who is a wheel engineer (he designs the Mclaren F1 team wheels! nice work if you can get it) who through his contacts he can get me a set of Speedlines at cost price Renault would pay....(believe me this is cheap and a lot cheaper than to a general UK retailer as Renault buy shed loads)...

Just in a dilemma what to do - it's too good an offer to turn down.

Thinking of 200 Gloss Black Speedlines, but could have anything they currently manufacture (which isn't a lot for the current Clio I don't think)..

The trouble is I love the cup anthracites I have, and buying a second set of something new would only mean me using them as a track wheel probably which could be a waste..

Suggestions?

Get the Speedlies in black. I got a set of brand new cup race wheels for almost half the price Renault want for them. Tis shockin tbh.

errrmm do it DO IT DO IT!!!!!

even if you dont like them you can always sell on at a small profit!

Keep the wheels you have and get me the cost price speedlines :thumbup:

lol... I wondered when that one would come up. If I could mate I would.

Get the Speedlies in black. I got a set of brand new cup race wheels for almost half the price Renault want for them. Tis shockin tbh.
I think the markup is around 400% looking at the cost price :@

errrmm do it DO IT DO IT!!!!!

even if you dont like them you can always sell on at a small profit!

This is what I have been thinking tbh mate. Even if I don't use them I could sell them on and still probably make a good profit. It's just the storage that is a bit of a problem. Can only just about fit the car in the garage and the shed is full :-( If they were old I would store them under a bit of tarpualin behind the garage - don't really want to do that with brand new alloys and possibly tyres.

Man...

I need new friends by the looks of it!

veeerrryy jealous!

lol

new wheels i would make a nice dining room table with them and store them in the house!!!!

I'd be very interested in a set, at a slight mark-up obviously, if you get the opportunity of more than one.

new wheels i would make a nice dining room table with them and store them in the house!!!!

ha ha - I nice modernistic piece - Could knock something up whilst the missus is at work. She'd be like 'whats this new speedline table - is it from Ikea?' lol

I'd be very interested in a set, at a slight mark-up obviously, if you get the opportunity of more than one.

I think I'm pushing my luck with this set tbh. He would be saying they are for him .