Compomotive wheels.

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
I was in wolverhampton today so i popped in to see the guys at compomotive about their 5 spoke MO wheels as the website says they cant be had in et55 in a 8x17" wheel.

MO1780_l.gif

Turns out they can do an 8x17 with this offset.

I'm really interested in some of these as i have a (smaller) set on my alfa and a mate has some on his track day calibra.

So at the end of summer i'm hoping to order a set for my clio, as i was talking to the guy about prices he mentioned that if i bought a few sets he could do me a cracking price, i think he meant about 120 wheels but he did say an order of 16 wheels (only 4 sets) could get a good discount so i thought i'd see if anyone on here would be interested in buying a set.

The RRP is £233.50 (+vat) for one wheel, this cost is this for the setting up of the machine to CNC one wheel so buying a set of four can lead to some discount, he was talking about 17% (before vat) for like three sets up to around 20% for four sets, he kept fluctuating about pricing but i'd say a good 20% could be had for these with the four sets.

I make 20% discount £186.80 +vat. so £224 each, £896 a set.

That would be in silver or white, in black (or other colors) a small charge is made, about £10 a wheel but again, deals can be made.

Anyone interested?

Same wheels as K-Tec car but not 18"

http://www.k-tecracing.com/cars_for_sale.asp#

I know it's a bit off topic, but you were so close my place I could've spotted you from the kitchen. :smiley:

Lovely wheels - are they light weight?

Love compomotives, had a set of MO and TH3's back in the day!

The k-tec wheels are made by someone else (technomagnesium I think). But are similar in design.

As for weight, these wheels are not light. Certanely not ultraleggera etc light.

But they are very strong.

I would possibly be interested. Just know that set of OZ's are around the same money (but lighter).

I know it's a bit off topic, but you were so close my place I could've spotted you from the kitchen. :smiley:

Lovely wheels - are they light weight?

They are not the lightest but made for motorsport so strong and plenty of clearance inside for big brakes. i can get 324mm discs inside my 15" ones.

I'd been to collect a dash from around the corner, it was from ebay but the guy said he was on here, jason197 i think he said.

id be very intrested but id be torn between these and some ultraleggeras btw these comps are heavy i had some on my v1 tme but they are beautifully made and bomb proof :jump1:

930tech do u know if they can do any other wheels in there range instead for the discount? If they can then I'm in.

930tech do u know if they can do any other wheels in there range instead for the discount? If they can then I'm in.

The impression i got from my visit was that the cost relates to machining time/setting up time.

Setting up the machine to mill one wheel incures the bigger cost, setting up the machine and milling 4 wheels becomes cheaper, same again for 8, 12 or 16 wheels.

So i'd say there'd be no difference machining different wheels, it's the holes they are putting in, the bolt holes/centre bore would be the same on what i wanted and what wheels you wanted so i say we'd be able to get the discount.