Compomotive mo6 or team dynamic pr 3s

Can you get the weights of both wheels?

I have a set of both for my track day 145 and the difference is night and day.

They are both 7x15 and the et's of both are within millimeters of each other.

The compomotive MO's look the best but it handles/brakes so much better on the lighter pro race 1.2's.

The difference between each wheel/tyre combo is just 1.5kg.

Better looking. . .

DSC00262.jpg

Better handling. . .

ring2010_2.jpg

Last edited:
He's looking at Pro Race 3s though not 1.2s. Think the 1.2s are lighter?

I read a magazine and they said:

Heavier wheels give better traction (better 0-60) however the lighter wheels beat the heavy wheels everywhere else.

He's looking at Pro Race 3s though not 1.2s. Think the 1.2s are lighter?

I read a magazine and they said:

Heavier wheels give better traction (better 0-60) however the lighter wheels beat the heavy wheels everywhere else.

I've always been told lighter wheels (less unsprung weight) helps everything from road holding (over bumps allowing suspension to move freely) / acceleration / braking and overall cornering.

It also makes sense as it is easier to get a lighter object moving than a heavier object, if you can find article be interested to see it and how they come to that conclusion.

I've always been told lighter wheels (less unsprung weight) helps everything from road holding (over bumps allowing suspension to move freely) / acceleration / braking and overall cornering.

It also makes sense as it is easier to get a lighter object moving than a heavier object, if you can find article be interested to see it and how they come to that conclusion.

The car that the magazine used to test the standard heavy wheels vs lighter aftermarket (Pro Race 1.2s) was a Fiesta ST.

They said that after numerous attempts the lighter wheels cause the wheels to spin up a lot easier thus slowing their 0-60mph tests. Standard wheels didnt cause this issue.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Wheels and Tyres 7
930Tech Wheels and Tyres 18