Collected the donar car :-)

Hi guys just thought I would put quick post up... As a few of you may have seen, I have been keen to know about cams, nitrous, and 225 conversions... I have now got the ball well and truly rolling, yesterday morning went to collect My megane 225, when I got there she was such a clean example driving 100% perfect and been fully HPI clear I'm feeling sorta guilty for buying just to destroy her for parts... But quite excited now for the end result! Been speaking to Matt at TDF who seems a top guy always happy to talk so it is going to be worth the trip to them! I also have for once the conversion is done a nitrous kit sat here so here's hoping for 325/350 bhp (270bhp for 225 conversion, and fingers crossed can fit in time 75 shot of nitrous) hoping to have her ready for April 15th for the ford Rs day if anyone's interested in coming down, hoping to show the Ford boys a proper car :smile:

Sorry for the essay,
Cheers, Mark.

Here's hoping Crezzy, lol, think she's going in early march hoping to have her back mid to late march then I can use few weeks of finding and teeth

Here's hoping Crezzy, lol, think she's going in early march hoping to have her back mid to late march then I can use few weeks of finding and teething problems and nipping them in the arse :smile:

This sounds awesome. I can't wait to see some pics, vids and charts!

A little cheeky, and I understand if you choose not to answe this, but how much is all this costing man?

This sounds awesome. I can't wait to see some pics, vids and charts!

A little cheeky, and I understand if you choose not to answe this, but how much is all this costing man?

Not at all Tom, TDF have quoted me £2250 give or take a bit... i payed £3250 for the donar car and can either sell as rolling shell or break for parts and should see around £2000 back for whats remaining of the Megane, all in all the job is going to cost between £3000 - £3500 :smile:

Nice one Mark, sounds like you've got some good plans there.

Get as many photos as you can and keep us all updated. :smile:

Will get photos as soon as work begins mate :smile:

And yeah looks like it mate, only rele k-tec that have done the conversions but Matt at TDF seems to know his shizz and is keen to do a 225 conversion :smile:

I'm not really surprised that TDF are wanting to take this on. I think soon enough once more people are driving around/attending shows and posting on the forums it'll become more popular. It would be nice for any tuning company to be offering this as package.

How are people getting on with the handling after this conversion? I know jonesy was claiming the car was a little skittish after dropping in the heavier engine...

What is the going rate for a 225 conversion these days when you supply a donar car, not just TDF but i know a few others like Ktec offer it as well.

Not at all Tom, TDF have quoted me £2250 give or take a bit... i payed £3250 for the donar car and can either sell as rolling shell or break for parts and should see around £2000 back for whats remaining of the Megane, all in all the job is going to cost between £3000 - £3500 :smile:
Wow, that's impressive considering the gains! Good stuff - thanks for sharing! :smiley:

Get as many photos as you can and keep us all updated. :smile:
Seconded - can't wait to see more. :smile:

Instead of the nitrous (or as well as) why not fit a biggger turbo at the time of building.

@ 270 bhp the engine will have 330lbft which is not the nicest torque curve ever. With a bigger turbo you can see over 300bhp with less torque so less strain on the running gear too.

Probs only cost £800 more over all.