Cold Start issue?

People look at you like you really dont know how to drive!! Is there anything to stop it or does it just happen?

I think all 197s do it from what people have said on here. Mine used to be bad, but I've been running it on 99 ron fuel for ages now and it has very nearly gone but those who have remaps say it can be ironed from that too.

I just let off the gas when it does it, once you get used to it its fine. You learn the cars character after a while.

Ride the clutch slightly when you set off and shift straight into 2nd. Do this for the first five minutes and your golden.

I've had the 'magic ecu fix' done on mine and it didn't make a blind bit of difference so I wouldn't bother with it if I were you. Just a needless run in with the stealers.

Mines wasn't bad when i bought it, but got bad. Got it remapped by Renault and fixed it then it got worse again but has disappeared.

Just let your car warm up for that minute more before driving and you will get to know when it will do it and how to control it..

Renault Wolverhampton told me there was no ECU fix, just dealers telling customers there was so they'd shut up about it! Not in as many words, but something like that! Lol!

I'll try super unleaded from now on and see how it goes!! Remap not on the top of my list yet! Exhaust is a much for now!! Cheers for the comments

my car got an ecu update when i bought it. on the test drive it bunnyd like hell, then i picked it up with the update and it was all better