Clutch Release Bearing?

Last night, popped out in the car and as I have been going along I have felt a very, very slight what I can only call vibration at the top of the clutch pedal sweep.

When parked up to cool down on idle, I noticed a slight high pitched whining noise - kind of like a belt on its way out.

As soon as I put any pressure on the clutch pedal (even a small amount) the noise goes away until I fully press the clutch in and release it again.

There are no other issues at all, the car pulls away fine and pulls hard through all gears as usual.

My guess from reading is that it is the clutch release bearing, just after some further input and if anybody can advise costs for repair.

Cheers,
Danny.

It certainly sounds like the release bearing is worn. In terms of repair costs, it's a gearbox out job to replace the bearing which I doubt is available on it's own. So you'll need to purchase a clutch kit. It would also be worth replacing the slave cylinder at the same time as these have been known to fail. It would be best to phone around for an exact quote, but I was charged 8 hours labour to change the clutch on mine.