Clio RS-R

port and polished head

Under construction:

LEFT - after, RIGHT - before
2m68qat.jpg

Done:

2yl1k7l.jpg

and a set of cams would do it along with basic mods.

Waiting to be fitted....catcams 402's, matched & ported inlets, R3/V6 airbox, Ypipe, Miltek decat & catback system, light weight flywheel & the last but not the least - remap by PaulRS.

Eager to see the results - waiting for some other parts by Renault & Renault Sport. :wink:

Last edited:
Is this actually based on anything?

The pic is just a 200 on R26.R alloys, not dissimilar to Si's car what is the weight of a Clio? Mins says 1590kg on the door pillar and v5 IIRC, I would love to see them to strip 400kg out of it when the Cup racers only rip 300kg out.

I think it is very wishful thinking, even before getting on to the price...

Better off buying this: http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/33653/renault_clio_cup.html

"We brought you as one of the first informed of the Megane RS Trophy , we are pleased once again to do with the final version of the Clio Renault Sport. Because if the last representative of atmospheric mini-hatches, the acclaimed Clio entitled to an appropriate farewell. That there will almost certainly take the form of a hardcore racing version in terms of philosophy leans more closely to the brutal R26.R than the recent big brother Megane RS Trophy. The specs promise whatsoever fireworks!

The prototype that was spotted near Dieppe, would have the following specs:

Evolution of the Cup chassis and suspension
230 hp (30 bhp) from the atmospheric 2.0
Carbon bonnet
Plexiglas windows
Unique wheels
Specific exhaust
RS Monitor
Five Point Harnesses
Stripped interior
Weighing less than 1.200kg
0-100 in 6 seconds
Top speed of 240km + / h
Race-inspired Recaro bucket seats
Limited to 300 units with serial plate
Estimated price: 30,000 euros

I would pay 26k for that. Look at how the r26r's have held there value. keep it mint and enjoy it and imo you wouldnt lose as much money on 1 of those as you would a 'normal' 200

I thought the Clio was 1250kg dry? Is that the SWL quoted Paul?

It may well be, but if you have a full tank, 4 passengers and some luggage it will be well over 1600kg from a 1250kg starting point. :huh:

Under construction:

LEFT - after, RIGHT - before
2m68qat.jpg

Done:

2yl1k7l.jpg

Waiting to be fitted....catcams 402's, matched & ported inlets, R3/V6 airbox, Ypipe, Miltek decat & catback system, light weight flywheel & the last but not the least - remap by PaulRS.

Eager to see the results - waiting for some other parts by Renault & Renault Sport. :wink:

This will be interesting, those machining marks in the inlets are left deliberately to optimise fuel atomisation

I'm aware of that, but, as you can see - the diameter is now obviusly larger.

We shall see...too bad that I'm doing a lot of modifications at once so I can't measure the gains just with this mod.

Last edited:
Is this actually based on anything?

The pic is just a 200 on R26.R alloys, not dissimilar to Si's car what is the weight of a Clio? Mins says 1590kg on the door pillar and v5 IIRC, I would love to see them to strip 400kg out of it when the Cup racers only rip 300kg out.

I think it is very wishful thinking, even before getting on to the price...

Better off buying this: http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/33653/renault_clio_cup.html

R26.R alloys are 18", they are the same style but look like they are 17"

sounds like wishful thinking. All the years from the beginnin of the 172 theyve managed to squeeze 28bhp (renault hp) from the engine. Where they gonna get 30hp from that they couldnt get before? More than likely:

2 seats
Cage
Perspex windows
R888 tyres
Cup chassie/suspension tweaked
Pedal box
Carbon bonnet
Coloured alloys w/ matchin vinyls
£5k on the price tag

exactly what i was thinking plus of course that other hurdle "euro5" emission regs....

the fr4 isnt a honda vtec engine :001_unsure:

Do not forget guys that the Clio rally versions (R4?) have 230 and 250 hp with natural aspiration.

Wondering what this would cost me when I want to upgrade my existing 200...

Do not forget guys that the Clio rally versions (R4?) have 230 and 250 hp with natural aspiration.

Wondering what this would cost me when I want to upgrade my existing 200...

but technically arent homologated for road use and therefore dont meet euro5 emission regs.....

dont forget even if it is a "special" end of line car it still needs to meet certain regulations

but technically arent homologated for road use and therefore dont meet euro5 emission regs.....

dont forget even if it is a "special" end of line car it still needs to meet certain regulations

So, you're suggesting this that it's a track-only car/ or that it will be turbocharged?

Turbocharged would be a strange move, coming from generations of natural aspirated Clios. For a new generation ok, but not for the last natural aspirated version.

Aah I'm just guessing and hoping :wink:

I was going to say about the emissions and regs, the exhaust probably would be too loud and don't rally cars run on petrol that is one grade less than rocket fuel? Lol!

It would be an ideal opportunity for Renault to test out the Clio RS/Turbo combination ready for the Clio 4.

So euro5 applies to ALL new cars even if it's a limited run model?

Curses EU...

So, you're suggesting this that it's a track-only car/ or that it will be turbocharged?

Turbocharged would be a strange move, coming from generations of natural aspirated Clios. For a new generation ok, but not for the last natural aspirated version.

Aah I'm just guessing and hoping :wink:

all i am saying is that if its for sale to the "general public" then it will have to homologated/tested - they cant just slap in a cammed-up super duper engine that doesnt meet emission regs

all i am saying is that if its for sale to the "general public" then it will have to homologated/tested - they cant just slap in a cammed-up super duper engine that doesnt meet emission regs
Isn't the PPP on Subarus basically a way of getting round the emissions regs - I'm sure if there's a way of flouting the regs the cheating French will find it :wink::smiley:

Isn't the PPP on Subarus basically a way of getting round the emissions regs - I'm sure if there's a way of flouting the regs the cheating French will find it :wink::smiley:

it is but to be honest its a lot easier on a turbo engine...