Clio RS 197 LHD

Hi guys!

I've been reading around for a while and thought it was time to post something about my 197.

I'm from the Netherlands and currently live in South Wales. Therefore my Clio is left hand drive. It's completely stock and I bought it just over a year ago in the Netherlands. I love the roads in Wales and the 197 seems perfect for them. Here are some pictures:

bwYyjSi.jpg
yzQHkUN.jpg
9m3NJqA.jpg

Mechanically it doesn't need much attention right now, it's on Michelin PS4 and just got new brakes all round.

Future plans:
-Different exhaust
-Extra set of tyres for trackdays
-Engine remap
-New springs/shocks

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-31_20-50-3.png
    upload_2017-10-31_20-50-3.png
    984.8 KB · Views: 6
  • upload_2017-10-31_20-50-15.png
    upload_2017-10-31_20-50-15.png
    876.6 KB · Views: 6
  • upload_2017-10-31_20-50-27.png
    upload_2017-10-31_20-50-27.png
    819.2 KB · Views: 5
Evening Bas.

Great to have you onboard !

VERY jealous of the roads you’ve got looking at those photos.

And talking of photos- how good are those 3 !!l

The ‘cock a leg’ 3-wheeled shots are amazing :sunglasses:

Enjoy the forum.....

Hi Bas, welcome to the club. Good pictures, those Welsh roads are great. I had a day out in Brecon with one of the Clio groups on Facebook earlier this year.

Thanks! I didn't take the pictures, a photographer did (the name is in the bottom of the picture)

aPIavnR.jpg

Well would be pretty impressive if you had taken them to be fair, considering your car (and you I presume) was hurtling up a hill on 3 wheels.....

We has amazing few hours of driving with Bas in Wales last weekend. Great car, brilliant driver. Shame we were so busy driving that didn't take any photos!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

We has amazing few hours of driving with Bas in Wales last weekend. Great car, brilliant driver. Shame we were so busy driving that didn't take any photos!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

What??? That should be an instant ban but ill let you off this time.

Reactions: wattson
What??? That should be an instant ban but ill let you off this time.
I know... Give it to the excitement of the kid; I was pretty much feeling as I did when I'd nick my mums Polo (when I'd just got my licence) and trash the tits out of it! This is what happens when you drive a 200 in Wales after driving a diesel Saab for 4 years, apparently. Next time will be super-prepared! : )

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Thanks guys! The driving in Wales with Watsson was great! At full speed I really love the Clio. It's small, nimble and is great for Welsh roads. I don't think you could need a faster car here.

I made this video on the Black Mountain Pass a while ago:

Anybody servicing their cars themselves? I would be interested in doing simple stuff (oil + filter replacing etc). Is it hard?

Anybody servicing their cars themselves? I would be interested in doing simple stuff (oil + filter replacing etc). Is it hard?

Hello
Clio 197 is quite easy to service. (Oil, filters, spark plugs).
I do basic maintenance myself.
I recommend to get paid member pack, then you can access how-to section. There is many good DIY instructions for services.

Reactions: R11HOY
depends what you mean by servicing..if its just oil and plugs etc then that stuff is a piece of cake..
i would never touch cambelt atec..