Clio in for paint, courtesy car question

Decided to phone up a few renault dealers to enquire about any (very likely) future warranty work.

Renault Cardiff, Swansea and Wolverhampton all charge £20 per 24 hours even if it's warranty work. This is to cover insurance.

How have all the other people on here managed to not pay?

PMSL.
Just phoned up my local ford dealer to enquire about a test drive of a fiesta st, to be told that any warranty work is fully covered by ford, and I wouldn't have to pay a penny towards insurance.

The woman on the phone sounded very upset upon hearing about renaults policy!

I also asked this when I purchased my fiesta st, and was told wouldn't have to pay anything if in for warranty!
Renault charged me £20 per 24hours when having some spray work, shocking really, considering its not your fault it's in for repairs and its their fault!

My local you don't have to pay full stop, warranty work or paying for it.

Excess is £500 tho but you just pay for the petrol you need as its run empty to empty. It's a great challenge returning it with less petrol than you got it with :wink:

I'll be taking it to your local garage lee if it needs more warranty work (even though they said all renaults nationwide charge £20 per day).

I still can't get over how angry the ford woman was at renault. She said they would go out of their way to make me happy and ensure that I didn't have to pay extra.

Renault changed there courtesy car rules about a year ago! It was standard that they would put you in a **** box 1.2 Clio. Now they tend to put you in a hire car. Last few years I have had some good and some bad cars. It's all down to the dealership how they deal with it. To say it is for insurance is true if its a dealership courtesy car but if it is a hire car then they are telling pork pies. Most only charge a £10 a day waver for insurance.

My car has just gone into my local Renault for work, car is one month out of warranty and there still carrying out the work on the car under warranty. They have also sorted out a hire car for me in witch I only had to pay a £50 deposit and ill get that back when the hire car is returned.so far I am quite happy with how they have dealt with it

Should be free, Renault in Mansfield tried charging me £20 a day, I laughed in her fat face and told her that c wasn't happening.. I got it free :smile:

She is a proper bitch, I'd really like to punch her in the face!!

Well here it is:

8E42BB01-4862-416C-A93E-94110A1C7899-14525-00000810756F5251.jpg

Pretty dire tbh. The main issue i'm going to come across tomorrow is the hire terms that say I can do 40 miles in it. I live 28 miles from the dealership! Will kick off if they want me to pay the extra 20p per mile.

WTF is this place your getting your hire car from?! I put a good 500/600 miles on the one ive just given back!

I know it's pretty ****e. He was very strict with noting down the amount of fuel in it and I will be charged if I return it with less. Not a very good impression of them so far.

Well here it is:

8E42BB01-4862-416C-A93E-94110A1C7899-14525-00000810756F5251.jpg

Pretty dire tbh. The main issue i'm going to come across tomorrow is the hire terms that say I can do 40 miles in it. I live 28 miles from the dealership! Will kick off if they want me to pay the extra 20p per mile.

I know it's pretty ****e. He was very strict with noting down the amount of fuel in it and I will be charged if I return it with less. Not a very good impression of them so far.

that's appalling customer service. Go get a fresh fish from Tesco and leave it under the rear seat...

Update.

Collected today, really happy with the paint work!

The grumpy strict guy wasn't there so just dropped the keys off for the black clio, no questions asked. Very happy :smile: