Clio in for paint, courtesy car question

Hi

Had a phonecall yesterday from Renault Cardiff to confirm that they will take my car in to re-spray the flaking paint.

He then mentioned that it would be £20 per 24 hours in a courtesy car and that they'll expect to have my car for up to a week.

Now surely I shouldn't have to pay up to £140 to use a crappy twingo because of a manufactering issue that is nothing to do with me?

Has anyone else had to pay for the use of a courtesy car? I'm expecting a phone call back today from them.

Tell them too go forth and ##### Give RUK a ring tell them it's warranty work and down to Renault UK so the courtesy car should be FREE

Should be free, Renault in Mansfield tried charging me £20 a day, I laughed in her fat face and told her that c wasn't happening.. I got it free :smile:

It's down to the dealer iirc, tell you will take the work elsewhere.

It's warranty work so they will be charging RUK the maximum amount possible for the repair and now they are trying to skim some extra off you, as above tell them to jog on

Tried charging me for a courtesy car when mine was in having warranty work carried out once - as said, ring RUK. Sorted it out quickly for me.

I just got my twingo RS which isn't crap back from the dealers after getting a new gearbox and lower arms under warranty, they tried to charge £20 per day for a courtesy car so I rang RUK who said the £20 is for their insurance and not the cost of the car as that's free.

If your insurance allows you to drive another car whilst yours is in for repairs/servicing then use your insurance and it doesn't cost anything.

Apparently they recently made it that you had to pay for insurance if you wanted theirs.

I just got my twingo RS which isn't crap back from the dealers after getting a new gearbox and lower arms under warranty, they tried to charge £20 per day for a courtesy car so I rang RUK who said the £20 is for their insurance and not the cost of the car as that's free.

If your insurance allows you to drive another car whilst yours is in for repairs/servicing then use your insurance and it doesn't cost anything.

Apparently they recently made it that you had to pay for insurance if you wanted theirs.

This is what he said, but it should be a one off, not £20 per day!

Mine was recently in for a new gearbox under warranty and I was asked to pay £12 in order to use there insurance as an admin charge, but that's £12 no matter how long you have the car and not a per day charge.

I personally wasn't too bother about that, plus I got to try out the new shape clio for a few days.

Update!

Car is booked in now. I've been assured that they'll only need the car for one day.

Was told that as of March 1st this year it's a new rule that they need to charge £20 per day for the insurance. Would prefer not to have to pay but hopefully it'll just be £20 in total.

Was told that as of March 1st this year it's a new rule that they need to charge £20 per day for the insurance.

Fair enough if you've agreed to that, but they tried charging me £20 for the same reason over a year ago. It's not a new rule, just an excuse.

They wanted to charge me £20/day for 5 days for a gearbox repair. Mariam Arif was my contact at RUK, I politely pointed out that whilst that is reasonable if I had booked an MOT or service, the charge shouldn't be applicable for warranty circumstances. Service from RUK was excellent and I didn't pay a penny for a replacement car whilst the work was carried out.

Well I was told that I can't have a courtesy car unless I pay the £20 per day. I can't lose a day in work to stand outside and wait.