Clio dilemma

Very tough decision. If you are paying finance, then you probably have little equity. If you sell the car and buy something cheaper, the saving in fuel could easily be lost in the changeover or in the amount of money it could cost to ensure the cheaper car is road worthy.

If you intend to keep the clio for a few years, then I would stick with a known good car and smoke/drink less.

i was dreading using the 197 all the time due to fuel...

i now drive it sensibly and get 30-32mpg round town

the difference between getting an extra 5mpg over 12000m is only about £340 ish - so to make a massive difference you need a car to do 20/25mpg+ over and above the clio...

but it doesnt stop me going for a blast around :clap:

i was dreading using the 197 all the time due to fuel...

i now drive it sensibly and get 30-32mpg round town

the difference between getting an extra 5mpg over 12000m is only about £340 ish - so to make a massive difference you need a car to do 20/25mpg+ over and above the clio...

but it doesnt stop me going for a blast around :lol i know itssad but i like to see how much mpg then laff at my mate with an alfa 1.9 mpg struggling to get 39 mpg on the motorwat

I managed 30 mpg on my way to work going to give it a month and change my drivin style, I have spoke to benfield and they have told me that something could be worked out they have a Toyota auris 2.2 desil in that I like the look of and it gets a lot more mpg

I managed 30 mpg on my way to work going to give it a month and change my drivin style, I have spoke to benfield and they have told me that something could be worked out they have a Toyota auris 2.2 desil in that I like the look of and it gets a lot more mpg

you would have to average over 50mpg to make it beneficial - will it do it?

and diesel is more expensive than petrol - its not always "cheaper" to go diesel if your not doing the miles....