Clio dilemma

I need to make a very hard choice I am finding it really hard to afford my Clio I can afford the payments but it's the fuel that I was not expecting I am spending £75 a week now do I sell up and get something a lot less desirable that I will not like or do I only use the Clio when i have to like to and from work.

Sell up mate ........... Only messing id personaly only use it when you feel like a little run out or something im quite fortunate really as i drive a van around 24/7 and only use the clio as a toy so too speak i think id miss it personally if i were to sell it and have nothing to go out in the weekend i suppose its all down to your finances at the end of the day mate

It's a tough one. There is no point owning it if you can't afford to run it and more importantly, enjoy it.

But then it would be a shame to get rid.

Is it worth sitting down and looking at your finances? Maybe one less night out a month or a few packs of fags less would help go towards running costs?! (assuming you spend money on other things?!)

I can afford to keep it if I only use it for work and when it needs to be used. I need to stop just going for random drives I some times go for a blast and do about 40 mile just around the doors

Sell it before its worthless
Once the new model comes out they will be loads out there
But the choice is yours I will never sell mine but that's my choice

I wish I do 26 miles a day minimum and use a tank a week

Same here.

Seriously though, as said before, take an analytical approach to your monthly outgoings - list everything, right down to pints and snacks. If you really want to keep and be able to enjoy the car, i'm sure you'll be able to find areas where you can save some money.

£80 a month 6 miles a day in ours not good but it still feels good and turns people's heads even 5 years down the road:smile:

I had exactly the same problem, I had to sell up, but I now have no regrets!!!

I wasn't enjoying the car because of money, so it had to go at the end of the day!

I'm slowly getting in same boat mate I've been debating a twingo Guna give it couple more months due to new job see how stuff goes

Could you afford a really cheap run around? Like a £500 shed. An old 1.4d or something? That's what I'd do...

i drive like a granny i get 32mpg thats from 60 miles so far slow down before lights every little helps till u take your mate out for spin and now down to 25mpg omg i only did 5 miles.