200T: Clio Cup + maybe?

It's not aimed at the UK market though. We might well be getting a more 'hardcore' version :smile:

I can imagine some French dudes sitting in the design department thinking "what do we give the uncouth hooligans in the uk"

We're all about the refinement here
Factory fitted roll cage, bigger brakes and a bigger turbo more like

No 10bhp of a 265????

The article says it will have a possible 220BHP so atleast 45BHP down of the Meg.

I cant imagine renault would make a clio too close to the meg in power, would be shooting themselves in the foot as the clio and meg would surely then be in competition with each other?

Nope not the same at all and i was purely going on the comparison of the BHP (as i quoted a posted to say its within 10BHP of a MK2) hence i then said IF...IF choosing between a Clio MK4 or a Meg MK2 then for ME it would be the R26.R. Im 22, dont have kids and quite honestly couldnt care about passengers (roll cage in the back...) so the R26.R would suit me. Yes, as you state, the MK4 clio is ideal with someone with a family, which at 22 is most def not being considered.

All personal opinion though and i dont want to start any other comparisons or debates

Oh Steve :worried:

Does that mean there's no room for a mass debate? Heheh.

The article says it will have a possible 220BHP so atleast 45BHP down of the Meg.

I cant imagine renault would make a clio too close to the meg in power, would be shooting themselves in the foot as the clio and meg would surely then be in competition with each other?

I've kind of wondered that before. Clio was the sportier car and the Megane was the family option....then they made the 265, 3 door and the 200edc, 5 door. Don't really get it.

I've kind of wondered that before. Clio was the sportier car and the Megane was the family option....then they made the 265, 3 door and the 200edc, 5 door. Don't really get it.

Have to see what they do i guess :smile:

Perhaps they may do another clio williams/Gordini or whatever other special models but will also be interesting to see if another .R meg appears. With alot of companies after the 'ring FWD lap record, if they take it will renault then want it back ASAP? Meg 300.R :wink: ...i wish

Have to see what they do i guess :smile:

Perhaps they may do another clio williams/Gordini or whatever other special models but will also be interesting to see if another .R meg appears. With alot of companies after the 'ring FWD lap record, if they take it will renault then want it back ASAP? Meg 300.R :wink: ...i wish

Lol they'd have to come back with something insane. Ford had the cosworth, subaru had the cosworth, Mercedes had it, c'mon....we want it. Megane Cosworth has a ring to it

Lol they'd have to come back with something insane. Ford had the cosworth, subaru had the cosworth, Mercedes had it, c'mon....we want it. Megane Cosworth has a ring to it 

Arent Renault and Nissan now working together, the 200T and duke thing having the same engine or something?

Maybe a Clio Nismo haha! 200T with a 550BHP GTR engine stuck in it...