Clio 200 vs Cooper S vs CTR vs Colt Ralliart

Watched the vid when it was posted on Cliosport.net. Tis good to see it performing well and coming through to win.

Wish it was in english (Or subtitled) so I could understand what they were saying.

how do other peoples 197 standard compare to copper s (supercharger) standard in straight line.

had one private race against my friends when my car had a KN appollo (car is now back to standard) and i was only marginally quicker.

interesting result :thumbup1:

to do it right and fair all the drivers should have driven/raced all the cars so driver ability is averaged out

also notice the clio driver uses the handbrake on the corners...

and the civic 8500rpm !yippee:clap:

how do other peoples 197 standard compare to copper s (supercharger) standard in straight line.

had one private race against my friends when my car had a KN appollo (car is now back to standard) and i was only marginally quicker.

Ive raced my friend in his S in a straight line, and yes the 197 was quicker buy about a 2 cars length at around 110mph. So not much, but enough to frustrate him
197 standard apart from Ktech Panel filter and 2 had a viper induction and miltek exhaust.

Last edited:
Nice vid! Cheers for posting that! Suprised at how useless the abarth 500 was! Especially as it's the essesse version

I had a 500 abarth essesse before the M3 and i can say that is a beautiful machine but not a true sport car. It's scary. It has a good engine but nothing else....

interesting result, it would be good to see a clio 197/200 go up against an EP3 type R

The stats suggests it's pretty even in a straight line between a 200 and EP3, but remember, 8 years of development separate them so I would expect the 200 to have the edge on a circuit. I loved my old EP3, I chose it over a 172 at the time and at the moment, prefer it to my 200.

Good vid and a great result for the Clio!

I would be interested to also see any vids where the Clio get beat and what by. I dunno if I am leading a sheltered life but it always seems to be Clio on top! :thumbup:

i thought the CTR did really well, the road tests i've seen and read say that the handling is shocking (my friend, a CTR owner also agrees this) but it looked ok to me on the track, any of you guys driven one? what you think of it?

i drove one, and on the contrary, i thought it was absolutely stunning handling for a fwd car. perhaps he has ditchfinder 3000's on?

stu.

FYI - in BM, the drift king in whichever car will always win, who is the consultant for GT5.

Fruits for thought here:
How come the Cooper S can't catch up on the straight?
What's the FN2 doing up front for a long time without progressing when it's pretty evenly matched with a 200?

i thought the CTR did really well, the road tests i've seen and read say that the handling is shocking (my friend, a CTR owner also agrees this) but it looked ok to me on the track, any of you guys driven one? what you think of it?

i have been told this too on more than one occasion by different people.

I have some mates in bradford who have several no expense spared cars including 200hp + glanzas, 190hp skoda fabia and a 300hp GSI astra.

one of them has recently bought an EP3 type are and it is quick, they are very similar 0 to 60 times as the renault sport clios but he says the handling leaves much to be improved on the EP3.

The clio and mini were clearly faster than the civic, if the colt hadn't held them up they would have been a fair bit ahead of the civic

Nice to see the clio win though, loved the very slight rear drift into corners

Nice one, not seen that video before - i was out at Tsukuba december '07 with this car ...

DSC_0554.jpg

.... one hell of place to visit is Japan if you ever get the chance 8)