Clio 200 LHD: CAI

Hello guys,

Today I got the chance to hear to Akrapovic Slip on exhaust on a 197, and it did not convince me at all. This is the only system that's legal in Belgium.

So now I'm looking at CAIs to improve the stock sound. A friend of mine had a LHD K&N kit and this reduced his engine power with 30 metric hp, dyno measured.

Does anyone know what brand can give me a CAI, that improves sound, without messing up the engine's power?

I mention it's a LHD, because, there are a lot more issues when installing a CAI into a LHD then RHD. Don't ask me why. So it should be easy installable.

Last edited:
Cant you get the full evolution system as opposed to the slip-on one? I have the Evolution on my 200 and love it.

Cant you get the full evolution system as opposed to the slip-on one? I have the Evolution on my 200 and love it.

That's the problem here in Belgium.

It's not legal.

I can fit it, as I only got to do my first technical checkup within 4 years from now.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that it costs 1200€ for something that I might need to dismount within 4 years.

Is it really loud when pulling to higher revs?

That's the problem here in Belgium.

It's not legal.

I can fit it, as I only got to do my first technical checkup within 4 years from now.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that it costs 1200€ for something that I might need to dismount within 4 years.

Is it really loud when pulling to higher revs?

Its not silly loud but it does make a nice roar. Quiet at normal revs/speeds also which is nice.