Clio 200 jacks.

Morning,

I collected my 200 on Tuesday and never realised it doesn't come with a jack!

My old 182 came with one because you had to lift the car to use the foam, apparently not with the 200.

Anyway, where's the best place to get one? I'd like to keep it in the car so no trolley jacks please.

Renault want £72+VAT for one. No thanks.

It should have one as standard mate. (Unless Cup versions dont? Someone could probably confirm that).

Did you buy the car privately?
If you got it from a dealer get back down there and get them to get you one FOC.

I thought this when I picked up the raider and I asked the question as to why I haven't got 1 and they said why would I need 1 as I have no spare wheel :/

I thought this when I picked up the raider and I asked the question as to why I haven't got 1 and they said why would I need 1 as I have no spare wheel :/

Got to love main dealerships arguments lol
Like the only reason you would EVER need to take a wheel off is because you have a puncture? I dont think so....I needed mine to swap over the centre caps. What about checking your brakes properly?

To be fair it isn't just Renault that do this either now.

I know the argument for Cup chassis is that its so stiff that both wheels end up lifting when jacked but so does the non-Cup chassis!

Karl ie TwingoGeekeo should be able to sort you one out cheaper than that I would have thought, failing that have you had a look on ebay?

You could also just buy a standard scissor jack, smaller and lighter than a trolley jack.

did you buys yours second hand or brand new lofty. Some people that are aware of no jacks from new may of requested the jack, and dealer are more then happy to do this to seal the deal.

My cup did not come with a jack, had to buy one.

Does not look a fantastic piece of kit either, think they are known as a widow maker :lol:

did you buys yours second hand or brand new lofty. Some people that are aware of no jacks from new may of requested the jack, and dealer are more then happy to do this to seal the deal.

It was second hand m8 so there is the chance that the previous owner added it when new. It's not just the jack but the full tool kit in a shaped polystyrene holder that fits into a space on the boot floor.

I think they all come with the polystyrene part, wheel brace and some, what look like engine lifting hooks but no jack on the cup.

Just an empty hole, weight saving to the extreme :thumbup1:

Just thinking of what i've just put, maybe they are for towing at the rear, bolt in place but that'd mean the diffuser off :nope:

Hi guys, I've got a 197 LUX and I have all the tools but no jack. I bought the car second hand from a main dealer and the dealer reckons it didnt come with a jack. It looks as if there was a jack but it's missing, thought the LUX would have it?

Thanks for any info!

Hi guys, I've got a 197 LUX and I have all the tools but no jack. I bought the car second hand from a main dealer and the dealer reckons it didnt come with a jack. It looks as if there was a jack but it's missing, thought the LUX would have it?

Thanks for any info!

Like what's already been said, if it has cup pack then no jack or someone has taken it out.

I don't find the jack to bad tbh, apart from when I almost ripped my nail of when it caught the ground :nope:

You would think they would make it easier to use a trolley jack though, the supplied jacking points make me shudder when using one.

jacking points on the old 172/182 used to bend lol.

i used to jack up and axel stand the actual chassis bars underneath the car, and the crossmember at the rear

My car has the Cup Chassis and I have the Jack and tools in the boot. Is it just pure Cup versions and not FF cars with the cup option that has no jack?

Yes so I believe..for the 200 anyway.

I chased Renault up a few times about my missing Jack in my 200 FF with Cup Chassis.

They said it should have had one in when sold, so I am assuming only the full Cup doesn't have one.

On the initial post - £72!!!!???

Renault quoted me £42 inc VAT - I paid half that as well.