Clio 200 in Austria

Hi,

my name is Manfred, I live in Austria and yesterday I picked up a brandnew Clio 200. It replaced a '08 twingo 133 which after 4 years of use and abuse is starting to fall apart - literally.

I'v been a renault fan ever since my mother drove me to school in a R5 GT Turbo ph1 back in the early 90ies. My first car was a 55bhp supercinq, followed by several others as they were easy to repair and really cheap to get hold of.

Still impressed by my mothers GTT, I had do had one myself. So I bought a GTT ph2 which was later hailed to dust in 2003. Next up was a R5 GTE in gordini blue metallic, a R5 GTE LeMans and a Clio Mk1 valver in williams blue.

After I rebuilt the valvers engine from ground up as I blew it at a local slalom event, I was fed up with always having to keep those old cars working. I wanted something that just works. Something new.

Enter: The Twingo 133... or so I thought. This thing was broken more often than my old GTE/GTTs - the only difference now was: the garage had to deal with it. But sadly, after 3 years of warranty, I had to step back in again and keep it going. Leaky aircon; Worn bushings; noises from steering rack; rattling everywhere...

So after almost 4 years of twingo driving, I decided it has to go. Luckily my local dealer had the perfect replacement in the showroom waiting for me... One of what's probably going to be the last ever N/A Clio limited editions: the 200 "RedBull" RB7

And ain't she a beauty?

CIMG3117.JPG

CIMG3121.JPG

CIMG3128.JPG

CIMG3130.JPG

so long, and thanks for all the support you will be giving me in the next few years of clio n00bism.

It actually looks pretty good in those pics. I have to say your English is brilliant too!?

I think the cup spoiler with yellow end cups would look AWESOME to finish that off. Enjoy!

:smile:

Glad to see took my advice on Twingo133.net and signed up.

Car looks so good. Much better in actual pics as opposed to artist's impressions.

:welcome:

nice to see the first Red Bull edition, car looks very nice i would get some carbon exhaust surrounds though as the yellow doesn't go too well with chrome :smile:

I have to say your English is brilliant too!?

Coming from a native speaker, I take this as a complement. Seems to pay off that I abandoned austrian/german TV years ago andstarted watching tv series and movies in english only. Plus a bunch of british/irish colleagues at work are refusing to learn/use the german language, so I have no other choice but to use theirs :smile:

Back on topic: Yes, the clio looks much, much better in the flesh than on the marketing pictures. It's lovely.

and +1 for carbon exhaust tips. I hate chrome on sporty cars!

Can't wait to drive the car on the nordschleife next weekend!

Wilkommen!

I was going to live in Switzerland next year (Zürich) but it isn't going to happen now. Schweiz Deutsch is so :s:s:s:s

Amazing car, lovely pictures, and you speak great Englisch!

Welcome to the site Manfred!! Seems you've had your share of bad luck with cars. Very nice 200 RedBull RB7 you've bought yourself. If I had to buy a new 200 right now, this would be it. Congrats!

thanks for the warm welcome, mates!

some pics during daytime :wink:

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

the yellow is not even slightly as "in your face" as on the press pictures. I even find it quite subtle

Last edited:
Hallo Fredi, wir kennen uns eh :blush:mg:
Ich war mal mit dem Stefan (Megane RS) mit beim Autoslalom in Bruck, ich fahr mittlerweile auch einen Clio 197.

Evtl haben wir uns sogar schon getroffen, mir is vor paar Woche ein RB in Schwechat entgegengekommen - haben uns eh gegrüßt.

Und letzte Woche hat der Clio sein erstes Rennen hinter sich gebracht - Bergslalom Breitenstein - 8ter Platz Tagessieg / 3ter in der 2 Liter Klasse :tongueout:roud:

Last edited:
Ich war mal mit dem Stefan (Megane RS) mit beim Autoslalom in Bruck, ich fahr mittlerweile auch einen Clio 197.

Evtl haben wir uns sogar schon getroffen, mir is vor paar Woche ein RB in Schwechat entgegengekommen - haben uns eh gegrüßt.

Und letzte Woche hat der Clio seinen erstes Rennen hinter sich gebracht - Bergslalom Breitenstein - 8ter Platz Tagessieg / 3ter in der 2 Liter Klasse :tongueout:roud:

sers! hab das auto erst seit mittwoch. aber wenn du viel in schwechat rumgurkst, hast du mich vielleicht im twingo schon gesehen. ich wohn in fischamend :smile: wie geht's dem stefan so? den hab ich auch schon ewig nimma gsehn

btw - it's rude to talk german - let's switch to PNs

Please stick to using english in the open forum guys

Und letzte Woche hat der Clio sein erstes Rennen hinter sich gebracht - Bergslalom Breitenstein - 8ter Platz Tagessieg / 3ter in der 2 Liter Klasse :tongueout:roud:

sers! hab das auto erst seit mittwoch. aber wenn du viel in schwechat rumgurkst, hast du mich vielleicht im twingo schon gesehen. ich wohn in fischamend :smile: wie geht's dem stefan so? den hab ich auch schon ewig nimma gsehn

btw - it's rude to talk german - let's switch to PNs