Clio 200 idle exhaust pops

Is anyone with a clio 197 / 200 able to check if their car pop at idle like this once warm? Sounds like a misfire but no warning lights and revs do not increase/decrease and still pulls fine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KY7DW29LRY

im getting the plugs changed friday will see if that helps or if its normal.

Thanks!

My 200 does pop a bit with the standard exhaust, but with the akra u can hear that pop better. Don't think there is anything to worry about

At idle you mean? You hear it in the car when sat at the lights, sounds like bass from a speaker from inside the car.

Is anyone with a clio 197 / 200 able to check if their car pop at idle like this once warm? Sounds like a misfire but no warning lights and revs do not increase/decrease and still pulls fine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KY7DW29LRY

im getting the plugs changed friday will see if that helps or if its normal.

Thanks!

This is 100% normal. If you plant it up to 4k and leave it drop it will do it. Just left over fuel and all sorts.

Yeah I like and pop and bangs on overrun as much as the next person, just never heard it at idle so much on any car before, and it sounds just like a misfire :/ could have sworn my last 200 didn't do it.

If it's normal then fine, i will let it be. I got another vid also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlqrObxdln0

Mine does this as well. I was thinking its misfiring but its recently been serviced and had error coding all sorted

It certainly doesn't sound abnormal to me from those videos. I've always thought it was just the nature of the car, the unspent fuel etc as Kazumz says.

It's just the design of the exhaust chaps. I've found my 200 to be a very free flowing system. You can tell by just standing behind the car with the twin exits.

I have a 200 and a 197 both standard with no modifications, you can hear pops from both cars exhausts on idle but i would say the 197 pops slightly more and wouldn't be as smooth idling as the 200.

Resurrecting this old post since I have some doubts about my 200 :neutral:
The clip below is taken immediately after a cold start...I'm no expert, but I guess it's running overly rich?
The warm idle is way better, and at higher RPM/loads the engine is running beautifully; BUT: sometimes I get quite a strange (exhaust) noise during normal driving when the revs drop, possibly similar to what @Kazumz refers to some posts above.
Any feedback? :grinning:

I checked twice also with the help of a friend, couldn't find anything loose. The noise is just coming from the exhaust flow... :confused:
Also, what I sometimes hear when driving around I think could somewhat resemble those farts of DSGs...except it happens when the revs are dropping

Well, upon further inspection I've found that indeed something is loose...the monolith of the first cat converter :astonished:
I was happy to have a Clio without the infamous leak on the flexis...but I guess the subframe will have to come down anyway :drunk: