Clio 200 GW FF

DanB720

Gold Member
So I purchased my car last October but never got round to starting up a progress thread.

I went up to Manchester on the 22nd October last year after spotting a Clio on Pistonheads. Recaros and Speedlines were a must. Left home at 7:30am with the old man and got there just after 10am.

Here she is:

Front Low:
6_zps92058c63.jpg

Rear View:
8_zps7b87d996.jpg

Recaros :tongueout: :
PurchaseRecaros_zpsfc732656.jpg

Side View:
Purchaseside_zps47b7e210.jpg

Recaro Damage :worried: :
Smallrecarodamage_zps411426d2.jpg

However there was a small tear in the Recaro drivers side bolster. Got some money off for that :tongueout:

Apart from a couple of dents (nothing major) and the flaking paint under the rear wiper arm I was happy. I was overjoyed that the Speedlines were in immaculate condition. To this day they still are (touch wood)

33450 Miles on the clock when purchased.

In was advertised for £8500 but in total (inc deposit) I paid £7950.

I then began purchasing my cleaning products:

3 Buckets
1 Meguiars Mitt
1 I4D Uber Yellow Premium Drying Towel
1 Autoglym Aqua-dry chamois
1 Autoglym Fast Glass
5L of Autoglym Shampoo
1L Autoglym Super Resin Polish
1L Bilberry wheel Cleaner
500ml Iron-X
500ml Auto finesse citrus power
1 Bilt Hamber Auto Clay Regular
1 Tub of Collinite 476s Wax
10 Microfibre Cloths
10 Applicator Pads

I was now well equipped to begin cleaning

The first clean in progress:
FirstClean_zpse0ae6b4d.jpg

Then, just 3 weeks and 600 miles later a crunch appears from the Gearbox when changing into 4th. I immediately went to my local dealer for them to diagnose a 4th Gear Syncro failure. After Googling and looking on here I soon realised its a common fault with these boxes. I then set about my attack on Renault as it was 8 weeks out of Warranty at the time.

After going directly to Renault UK I was offered and 80% contribution towards the repair bill. They said it was a good will gesture, we all know it was them saying we know its a fault, were not acknowledging it but are trying to keep you sweet.

In total I paid £405 for a new box fully fitted.

Next was to get the flaked paint on the tailgate fixed. This was no problem as it was still under its 4 year paintwork warranty. This claim went through smooth and the Body-shop that did it were 2 mins from where I work....bonus.

As the whole tailgate was being resprayed I decided rather than put the old style badge back on I would put the new RS Badge on. (200's should have the new one)

New RS Badge fitted:
3bf74ce4-5d58-4850-9436-77c8811789c8_zps22508ff1.jpg

My next purchase was the Renaultsport steering wheel insert, It looks a lot better than the two prongs IMO:
Steeringwheelinsert_zps14b7f591.jpg

The next thing was the Cup Spoiler.
To my surprise it arrived in my Christmas stocking from the old man :smile:

Then the long process of getting it fitted began. My dad works away a lot so was struggling to find time to get it done. I decided to go for Gloss Black in end as I think it looks good (each to their own I suppose) It was rubbed down and sprayed in February at my Dads mates workshop. Then finally on a idle Thursday that I had off work in early May we set about fitting it.

Drilling into the tailgate was a little bit scary but all worked out ok.

Holes drilled:
Holesdrilled_zps51d06957.jpg

Painted ready to go:
Allpaintedup_zps2037b418.jpg[/URL]

Final application in the workshop:
Spoileroninworkshop_zps772647ea.jpg

After the spoiler was fitted I went home and gave her a full valet. Wash, Clay, Wash, Dry, Polish, Wax to seal her paintwork in for summer :smile:

All Clean after Cup Spoiler fitted:
Clean_zps3a41ad11.jpg

I then decided after reading various reviews that i would invest in a Sprintbooster Gen 2. One popped up only 2 month old for £130 so thought it would be rude not to.
I fitted it just above the TC switch. Looks neat IMO:
2013-06-20084953_zpsc436a15c.jpg

Took a while to get used to but once you go "Red" you don't go back.

Im still looking at getting the center silencer removed in the next month.

Last edited:
Very nice mate. Was it hard fitting the spoiler?

I'm 50/50 about getting a cup spoiler TBH, but I think they really could suite the white models. Especially when lowered.

Looks awesome with the black cup spoiler... Not to sure about the sticker in the rear window though, bit chavtastic... :wink:

That's come off since that photo. Going for a small Clio200.net one in the bottom corner of the back window.

So after religiously cleaning it over the summer months it was time to prepare it for winter. The usual wash and clay bar, then instead of Collignite I used gtechniq C2V3 Liquid Crystal Sealant after reading good reviews on the web. I have to say it has exceeded my expectations considering it cost <£10. I purchased 500ml but only used about 1/10th of the bottle on the whole car. It looks really good on the gloss white paint and the beading is great

2013-05-08083654_zpse0eaf635.jpg

Ive been tickling with the idea of an Induction Kit for a while (and my bonus for a work trip to Yemen). I finally bit the bullet and purchased a low mileage one that was fitted and removed by KTEC themselves so I had confidence it was done properly.

I recieved it on a Thursday and fitted it in about 45 minutes that evening. Some people seemed to have issues removing the battery case, not an issue that I found, it popped straight out. Oh and I had to battle intermittent showers with my mate holding a fishing umbrella over me :rain:

2013-10-10185801_zps2801eeeb.jpg

I can say that the car revs alot free'er lower down and up the top of the revs and the accompanying the roar is epic! Im sure people will disagreed but It seemed better to me and also my Dad who borrowed it for an afternoon.

Next up is an exhaust and then a Re-Map. Probably treat myself for christmas or after I go back to Yemen for my second stint. Im leaning towards a KTEC Cat-Back and a map by Danny @519Automotive
......oh and before you all ask im not part of Al Queda :innocent:

Last edited: