Clio 200 engine rattle/knocking noise

Toyo is the cheaper of the aftermarket options and has had good reviews so far. It does suck when things go wrong with these cars, and more so when it happens so soon after buying... As Steve says, it's just a case of having to stomach the costs in getting it sorted and enjoy the car for what it is.

You have to go into ownership of these cars expecting some sort of costly repairs at some point down the line - it's happened to the majority of us unfortunately...

I have a Toyo fitted, just need to bend the lip on the subframe slightly to stop it knocking, I updated the engine mounts as well, no movement hardly in the engine/exhaust now...

I have a Toyo fitted, just need to bend the lip on the subframe slightly to stop it knocking, I updated the engine mounts as well, no movement hardly in the engine/exhaust now...

When i fitted my Toyo; i fitted Polybushes to engine / gearbox at the same time and relieved the subframe while i had the chance.....just to be sure ! No issues at all from day one regarding knocking.

Good luck :smile: