Clio 200 Centre Console

I dare say as most with coilovers change and play with the settings constantly the standard car would be much better!

My view with coilovers is you should pay someone very clever to set them up then leave them!

They are not adjustable so they can be adjusted they are adjustable so you can find the perfect setup then leave it!!

Most people also run them way too low when they fit coilies, completely destroying the dynamics. I'd like to see the comparison with someone fitting some top end coilies, but leaving it at the proper ride height.

Sorry, waaaaay o/t from original post.

Completely agree.

Although for every day it is faster in the dry, it's slower in the wet and completely lacking in progression.

Then you've got the issue of going lower than OEM height (which is the real reason most buy coilovers).. it buggers up the roll centre causing bump steer. This is why the Cup racers have rejigged subframes and associated control parts.

EDIT: Deako got there first with the above ^.

What most fail to realise is better coilovers does not mean better handling.

What better coilovers actually mean is they have the POTENTIAL for better handling.

But you have to set them up right.

Also handling and grip are 2 very different things. No point having tons of grip if as soon as it runs out you hit a hedge!! Well not on the road anyway.

I agree but ive never felt it handle and grip so well. without the coilis it fealt all floaty even on cup pack

I agree but ive never felt it handle and grip so well. without the coilis it fealt all floaty even on cup pack

Wierd :bounce: my R27 (stock except for Ultraleggeras) isn't a bit floaty and it's really planted on the road :thumbup:

Ozi wen u feel the car on coilis u wud understand. none of this twitch under heavy braking or body roll.

Ozi wen u feel the car on coilis u wud understand. none of this twitch under heavy braking or body roll.

I think I know what you mean. I had a trophy before this and you can tell there is summat expensive keep the tyres pressed to the road!!

But roll is more than just springs and dampers. It's about anti roll bar thickness.