Clio 197 Ultra Red

So gave her a wash today so got a couple of quick snaps before the rain started, (excuse the crappy i phone quality).

IMG_0467_zpscc4d5272.jpg

IMG_0468_zpsf334d6aa.jpg

Also managed to fit my Exon hoses and Black Diamond covers. The C L I O will be coming off tomorrow as it looks stupid, just ran out of time tonight and my fingers were frozen to the bone.

IMG_0471_zpsd2038482.jpg

IMG_0469_zps7d477790.jpg

IMG_0470_zps476d5cbd.jpg

Update: 22/2/13
My mate started up his own business doing refurbs and powder coating, so got him to refurb and powder coat my raiders gloss black :smile:, some photo's!

IMG_0484_zpsd576a2e0.jpg
IMG_0483_zpsf0b1dc30.jpg
IMG_0484_zpsd576a2e0.jpg

Last edited:
Update: 9/3/13
Excuse the crappy picture quality, not got a proper camera yet and am awful at taking pics :worried:

So not had an update on my progress thread for a while, so heres a couple of pics of what iv been doing to my 197 over the past month or so..

First of all, One of my best mates works at a local Renault garage and has boy racers clio's getting traded in regularly One was traded in and the lad had carbon wrapped his dash strips and center console, I was planning on wrapping mine anyway so we just swapped the dash strips over with my standard silver ones, so that saved a few bob :smile:, Never got the center console as his boss was floating about and wouldn't have been best pleased if he seen us pinching parts off another car haha
IMG_0525_zps5abf70e3.jpg

Next was to get the center silencer removed :smile:, Was qouted 40 pound, I thought that was a fair price so ended up getting it done. Love the little pops and crackles you get changing gear or letting off the throttle. Flat spot isnt the best :worried:. 197 is booked in for the 23rd of april to get mapped and rolling road'ed, been told a map can get rid of the flat spot so fingers crossed :smile:
IMG_0524_zps619916aa.jpg

Got to pay my tax at the end of march so i thought this sticker was suitable due to the state of the roads! :@
IMG_0522_zpsc1968dba.jpg

Also got a 64mm TB off the for sale thread, fitted it last saturday and didnt really see much of a difference. Was planning on taking the TB off and just putting my standard 60mm back on as the revs bouncing up and down was doing my head in and i wasnt seeing a difference. Decided to give it a couple more days to see if the ECU would adjust to the biggger TB and it has :smile:. Seems like the ECU has finally got to grips with the TB as the revs sit just under 1000rpm or just over when cold. See a difference in low range revs iswel, feels more respnsive. Seems to have eased the flat spot a tad also :smile:.

Washed it last night so decided to get a couple of pics..
IMG_0500_zps7cc55dbe.jpg
IMG_0521_zps14f6d68f.jpg
IMG_0523_zps5363a75a.jpg

Thats all for now, Next on the list will be..
-Spacers (not eniterly sure what size yet)
-Projectors
-Roof vinyl wrapped black
-Diffuser painted Gloss Black

Along with the re-map that i mentioned above, Will get a pic of the graph once its done and show you what kind of power shes got :smiley:

All comments and suggestions welcome :smiley:

Another little update, Just bought these wheels tonight for track days.

IMG_0526_zps00f7176d.jpg

Looking for opinions wether to use these for track days or use my black raiders for track days?

Saw these wheels earlier, pretty smart! I'd stick them on for track days and keep the black and red theme! Looks good!:wink:

Saw these wheels earlier, pretty smart! I'd stick them on for track days and keep the black and red theme! Looks good!:wink:

Thanks mate, Not entirely sure what am am gonna do yet as I have based the car on a red and black theme

Last edited:
Just a small update..

Not much been happening on the clio front recently as have been paying off a holiday, so just been keeping her clean and enjoying her really.

Firstly my work mate used to own a meg and had bought mats off the net but had never used them so decided to give them to me free of charge :smile: not genuine but will do until i get genuine ones :smile:

IMG_0667_zps87c5a038.jpg

Finally got round to spraying my center caps gloss black to match my wheels, been meaning to do it for months after i got my wheels refurbed and powdercoated but finally found the time to do them..

IMG_0668_zps19782c40.jpg

And lastly is just some of the forum stickers finally on the car thanks to Roy! :smile:

IMG_0670_zps1e1efc35.jpg

Here's a couple of photo's of how she is sitting at the moment..
IMG_0669_zps85648205.jpg
IMG_0671_zpse9961cc1.jpg
IMG_0672_zps1191f7cd.jpg
IMG_0676_zps95802a0c.jpg

Have ordered 19mm spacers and a set of projectors so should hopefully be there next week :smile:. C&C welcome :smile:

Watch the white bits on your mats. Had them in my last car and wet feet makes them go brown and horrible. Not easy to clean either. Cars looking good mate. Mines looks not far off identicle yours. Apart from I've got anthracite wheels and no wind deflectors.

Finally got myself a set of projectors! xenon ones too, got them in the for sale section so thanks again to Chinny 375, Will hopefully get them fitted tomorrow or later this week will get pictures up once there on :smile:

IMG_0724_zpsb5e53a38.jpg

So fitted my xenon projectors today :smile:, Got a couple of photo's, Girlfriend got her audi not too long ago and decided she wanted to get a picture of hers too, so got a few pics of the two of them together..

IMG_0735_zps26e1ee26.jpg

IMG_0738_zps22b7e274.jpg

IMG_0739_zps07ee1462.jpg

IMG_0741_zpsaf99af64.jpg

IMG_0732_zps00e1d9e1.jpg

IMG_0733_zpsbe98aa01.jpg

IMG_0737_zps81a604e5.jpg

Spacers are next on the list, Will hopefully be here tomorrow or friday and get them fitted on saturday if this good weather keeps up :smile:

Another update, My 19mm spacers came today, managed to get them fitted tonight, got 19mm as i think 25mm is too much IMO.

Before
IMG_0743_zps83e0ba4b.jpg

And After
IMG_0744_zpsd5505993.jpg

IMG_0749_zpsc2e45a02.jpg

IMG_0750_zps373db7e5.jpg

Thanks for looking :smile:

Not seen this fit a while it looks stunning really like all that you've done so far! I need a cup spoiler back In my life

Quick question was looking to debadge the clio from my car too but I looked and it looks like it is pressed into the boot? is this true or are my eyes just playing tricks on me? haha

also have a 197

Quick question was looking to debadge the clio from my car too but I looked and it looks like it is pressed into the boot? is this true or are my eyes just playing tricks on me? haha

also have a 197

Yeah like Rogue has already said it'll be fine, its just glued on, just pull them off then remove excess glue thats left on car and give it a good polish :smile: