Clio 197 Ultra Red

Well seeings as iv been on the forum for nearly a month now i thought id start a thread with my ultra red 197.

Had it for nearly 2 months now and absolutely love it! Had a few cars before my clio but nothing comes close to putting a smile on my face like the clio does.

Now am going to apologise in advance for the pics as they've all just been taking on my iPhone.

I'll start by showing you some of my old cars :smile:

1st of all i had my Corsa C 1.2
314359_10150289791219681_2363198_n_zpsdc6c7bdf.jpg

Then bought a c2 GT
423957_10151099151994681_1407218589_n_zps2c0aca33.jpg

Traded the C2 in and bought my new pride and joy :smile:
This is it when i first bought it..
clio_zps5999de67.jpg

Now its still under warranty at the minute so am limited as to what i can put on the car just now..

Ordered some Heko's for it
clio3_zpsef75b493.jpg

The postie delivered a few parts for the 197 the other day..
First of all it was some yellow Exon hoses :smile:
IMG_0430_zps02158435.jpg

Then a KTR panel filter thanks too Chris_200Cup
IMG_0431_zpsf02d6419.jpg

Also a stubby arial off of eBay..
IMG_0417_zps57ad0ee5.jpg

Took it for a drive up some of the hills up here in Scotland yesterday for its usual weekend drive
IMG_0405_zps0a5f29dd.jpg

Which the resulted in it getting in even more of a state and is now looking like this :worried: haha..
IMG_0408_zps5499db36.jpg

Anyway went and bought a few goodies for the clio on ebay last night
H&R 30/40 Springs
Black front and rear badge covers
Steering wheel trim

Thanks for looking and feel free to drop in some tips :smile:

Last edited:
Nice one :smile: do like the Clio in red! Also a fan of those civics, little brother has a ek9 in bright orange with cf bonnet ;-) looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Nice little collection there mate, thinking of throwing a megane lump in it? You know you want too :wink:

And what do you do offshore? On the rigs or boats etc?

Nice little collection there mate, thinking of throwing a megane lump in it? You know you want too :wink:

And what do you do offshore? On the rigs or boats etc?

Possibly mate, maybe once i save up a bit of money :tongueout:

Last edited:
Possibly mate, wouldnt be this year though, got a holiday booked to ibiza with the lads and going across to australia for a month to see a mate so maybe next year.

Just wire line on the rigs mate

Sounds like a decent year lined up either way mate! Easy with all that money on the rigs though haha :wink:

I'm a geotech engineer for Fugro, heard of them?

Sounds like a decent year lined up either way mate! Easy with all that money on the rigs though haha :wink:

I'm a geotech engineer for Fugro, heard of them?

Yeah it certainly will be mate haha, Yeah heard of Fugro before :smile:

Last edited:
So decided to replace the standard head unit with a pioneer one :smile:

IMG_0429_zps484ac957.jpg

Car is also booked into renault for wednesday :worried:. Been crunching going into gear from 2nd to 3rd above 5000rpm. Not entirely sure whats up with it but its still under warranty so no charge for me :smile:. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Last edited:
Just a little update, the postie also delivered some goodies this afternoon :smiley:

IMG_0442_zps131cb9cd.jpg

IMG_0443_zps33307ba2.jpg

Will be getting the H&R's put on the clio on friday night along with the badges so will post some pics up then :smile:

Last edited:
Just a little update :smiley:. Got my H&R's fitted over the past week just not had time to come on here. Anyway heres a couple of photos :smile:.

Before.
IMG_0451_zpsfad7b22e.jpg

And after.
IMG_0463_zps123f8c46.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics was just a couple of quick ones whilst i had a minute.

Also got round to fitting my steering wheel trim...

IMG_0465_zpsf2a83c4b.jpg

Will post up some better pics at the weekend once she gets her wash, weather depending of course as it wont stop pee'ing down!

Looks excellent, think a set of projectors would top it off!
What's the handling like with the new springs?

Looks excellent, think a set of projectors would top it off!
What's the handling like with the new springs?

Yeah projectors are on the cards :smiley:. Getting my raiders powdercoated gloss black in 2 weeks time so will get projectors after that :smile:
Handling is excellent mate, the ride is a tad bouncy but it more than makes up for it on the windy b roads :smiley: