Clio 197 Track Build

Hey Pav, they're from eBay, there's a polish renaultsport dealer on there selling bits and bobs. Search Clio 197 caliper and he'll pop up somewhere. I paid something like 130euro each. Nice guy though and did a deal on 2 calipers and a new front ally rad. I think he does red or silver (2 standard colours).

Last edited:
The fitter didn't do a good job as far as too mounts are concerned. When running negative camber you make sure you use different holes so as to allow easy adjustment. Let me find a pic

There you go

26572312574_6413304ca0_b.jpgDSC07517 by YiannisR27, on Flickr

[MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION] boom. Thanks mate, I'll have a look tomorrow. I didn't know there was different mounting points for the adjuster... And I must confess the fitter.....was me :smile:

No probs. I'll drop them tomorrow and move the bolts. Amy other top tips?

also, do you know what the marks on the top relate to? Obviously Degrees of camber, but what's the scale? Not had the alignment or geo done yet.

I believe they are there for reference really, to know the exact spot of your preferred settings and not having to measure camber every single time.

Make sure the bolt on the spring platform faces out, other wise it'd be very trick to undo it and change the ride height:smile:

Enjoy your setup mate, which springs did you go for?

Thanks mate. 450/450. Keeping it fairly tame for now, may upgrade the springs next year once the car is bedded in and I've got more confident in it on track.

Just a quick comparison before / after the ASTs were fitted. Not properly set the ride height yet, but this is probably halfway down the full thread. The wheels look lost, considering some spacers. I used to run 15mm hubcentric spacers on the 172, so thinking something similar for the 197. What do you guys think?

IMG_4297.jpg

it always great when you can go lower than standard..looks good plus the handling will be night and day

Please note - 15mm spacers won't fit even though the suppliers say they will !!!

Also if going spacers if it were me I'd convert to studs and nuts.

Last edited:
More stress on everything, namely wheel bearings, and stone chip heaven on your mirrors and rear quarter!

I'm talking about the white ones. They don't look like speedlines. Look like the other ones that are similar to speedlines.