Clio 197 insurance

Hi all,

I'm new on the forum but I hope i can get some advice.

I'm looking at insurance for a 2007 197 nimbus.

I was quoted by greenlight insurance, it was a reasonable price. Better than all other insurance companys.

Has anyone used them and if so are they ok and a safe company to use?

Thanks Matt

How old are you and what do you do?

If your young the admiral are my cheapest,

If your young and a student endsleigh want 900 ish fully comp for a 21 year old. with zero no claims but 4 years of claim free buisness driving,,,

I'm with admiral got my renewal yesterday for 1260!!!
Slightly peed off so found it for 960 on elephant then rang admiral who said they would match it, processed all my details and it went down to 860 so got it £400 cheaper than my renewal, although I did take breakdown cover off, god knows why I had it on, greenflag are cheaper.

I'm 25 [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
2 years NCB

Admiral quoted 1100
sky 990
Ariva 1050
Greenlight 800

so, are green light a respectable insurance company? Or am I better of paying a bit more?

Matt

They are prob toally fine and stuff,
But if it was me id always go with the big company.
Unless the savings are massive.

how do you guys get these quotes?
Im 27, 3 years NCB, and getting quoted £1900 everywhere, and i live in west london, hardly the ghetto, clean lisence etc...

If your young and a student endsleigh want 900 ish fully comp for a 21 year old.

they wouldn't even quote me!

Last edited:
Im paying 600 with endsleigh but i used q4insure as a search engine as opposed to money supermarket etc...

Only a handfull will insure engine mods so i was screwed 1700 - 1900 all declared. 23 yo male 4y ncb

I think greenlight are pretty good, seem to remember they include some sort of trackday insurance? I think a lot of people on the 306 gti-6 owners club were using them

Haha! i figured out that its my postcode getting me these crappy quotes, i recently moved outside the M25 & my quotes have gone from £2000 down to £700!

Time to get it ever lower for the renewal date :wink:

So far admiral is the best...

Last edited:
it looks like everyones insurance is going up thisyear

i paid 450 last year for me and the mrs. both 29, i have 9 years ncb she has 4

god knows what it will be this year. im going to sell the car hopefully before the renewal

also my fireblade was about 500 this year. got a quote for 900 the other day!

both car, bike and the mrs car insurances due in the same month!

how do you guys get these quotes?
Im 27, 3 years NCB, and getting quoted £1900 everywhere, and i live in west london, hardly the ghetto, clean lisence etc...

The problem is living in the city, if you live in a field in the Yorkshire Dales you will pay about £5 lol!

I have heard of Green Light before, I am sure they will be fine but, TBH insurance is something where I like the company to know their stuff and be decent, not trying to get out of every single pay out.

Both of our cars are insured through Greenlight. Cheap as chips (For car insurance anyway) and modification friendly.

Adrian Flux give you a discount for being a member on here. Got mods on mine at no extra cost too. I'm 24, 2 years no claims and it's £800 and I live in Birmingham, not a fantastic postcode either! Keep hunting around :smile:

greenlight are the best!

cheap, they cover mods, option for trackday cover... perfect