Clio 197 insurance

Hi,

I am new to the forum so I'm unsure if this is the correct place to post, but I will be purchasing a Clio 197 and need to get it insured, and the cheapest I have found currently is £1450. I'm 21, and have 3 years no claims bonus, but I still feel this is rather expensive. Any suggestions from anyone who has had insurance around the same age as myself?

Thanks

Lewis

I insured mine for 1200 with 1 year ncb and I was 20 at the time,
Just got a renewal quote of 1000 now I'm 21 with 2 years ncb.

I am 20 with 3 year NCB, I went with elephant who quoted me £821 that included my dad going on a speed awareness course. If you do a quote through confused.com that's where I find the best quotes

24, 2 years NCB, non-fault claim, £740 via 1st Central (quote found through GoCompare.com)

£1400 does sound quite high, but then again you're only 21 which doesn't go in your favour on a hot hatch.

im 23 with 3 ncb got quoted £430 third party fire and theft, £760 for full comp from flux direct its a special modified package :/

Just remember that your postcode is quite a big factor when it comes to insurance prices - that's why some people's price might be a lot cheaper than others.

Just remember that your postcode is quite a big factor when it comes to insurance prices - that's why some people's price might be a lot cheaper than others.

I totally agree with this. It's not really informative comparing everyone else's quotes with yours unless you have the same/similar postcode. A couple of months ago I got a quote on a Peugeot 206 GTI180. With my current postcode it was around £5500. However living in Scotland reduced it to £1700. The biggest factor for car insurance quotes is postcode followed by age imo

Yeh I have a fantastic post code :innocent:

I wish mine was even as half as good as yours! :worried: But on the plus side it means that there's plenty of opportunities to show all the wannabes who boss :thumbsup:

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.