**Clio 197/200 Race Car Build**

Thanks for the kind words, am very much lookig forward to the finished article myself!!

Grabbed a couple of slightly better pics today of how it currently sits..

20160523_093602_zpsn4rvgkrx.jpg

20160523_093607_zpskpwwk1wi.jpg

Had the pull cord brackets and aerocatch brackets i made powdercoated..

20160523_093611_zpsnmsojevx.jpg

20160523_093652_zpskudnwidd.jpg

Along with these which are for sale as now have cup racer items to go on. Front radiator/cross member and rear subframe.

IMG-20160510-WA0001_zpszfivy15e.jpg

Painted the roof scoop inner and outer..

IMG-20160520-WA0017_zpsotpkpdwp.jpg

IMG-20160520-WA0018_zpskgxpexec.jpg

20160523_093800_zpsuujvjjcu.jpg

A couple of better pics of the interior for you..

20160523_093630_zpsbuxidmrq.jpg

20160523_093638_zpsg67u9uvy.jpg

And now residing next to its new friend...a genuine cup racer!!

20160523_093719_zpswermeitb.jpg

Thats you guys pretty much up to speed, i can now update as and when! Hope you all enjoy :smiley:

This is awesome. Can't wait to see how the engine bay with the bespoke radiator etc will be coming along!

Thanks for sharing!

Cracking project :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jumping the the gun here a little - what spec dampers / springs are you proposing to use ?

This is awesome. Can't wait to see how the engine bay with the bespoke radiator etc will be coming along!

Thanks for sharing!

I do have some pics all mocked up but literally is mocked so il wait until the frames etc get here from holland along with the gearbox etc before posting those!! It needs slightly modifying also so will post in good time :smile:

thanks for the comments :smile:

Still undecided tbh but Possibly ASTs, can possibly get a set of bilsteins from the cup racer to use for now. Unsure.

Which AST's you thinking?

The reason I'm asking is we are looking at either replacing the B14 kit with something else or getting them revalved with custom springs. Could do with a more track / race orientated set up without breaking the bank.

Which AST's you thinking?

The reason I'm asking is we are looking at either replacing the B14 kit with something else or getting them revalved with custom springs. Could do with a more track / race orientated set up without breaking the bank.

As said am unsure at the mo, most likely a 2/3 way setup though. Handling means more than bhp ime and is something to definatlely not be skimped on! Buy the best you can afford!!

Good to see a thread now mate, but I told you I got a Honda lump that would complete this :wink:
Def not going in mine now, so probably get it on eBay over the next day or 2.

Good to see a thread now mate, but I told you I got a Honda lump that would complete this :wink:
Def not going in mine now, so probably get it on eBay over the next day or 2.

Lol, no thanks mate although it would no doubt be awesome in one of these, it wont bode well with regs. thsnks anyway.

why have you now decided against?

Loving your work - really good so far.

I like where you have mounted the battery. How have you done this? Did you drill right through the body and use nuts and bolts? Or some other way as it would be a nightmare to tighten nuts and bolts there.

Loving your work - really good so far.

I like where you have mounted the battery. How have you done this? Did you drill right through the body and use nuts and bolts? Or some other way as it would be a nightmare to tighten nuts and bolts there.

Thankyou.

I have used Rivnuts. They are a very good friend of mine!!

Lol, no thanks mate although it would no doubt be awesome in one of these, it wont bode well with regs. thsnks anyway.

why have you now decided against?

Essentially I just don't want to spend the money now, probably going to be 5k ish by the time it's running and mapped, which doesn't include the 2k on the engine and box! Just not worth it frankly.
I was gee'd up for it 2 months ago, now though......much less so! I just want a car and frankly it's pissed me off so much not having it I'm very likely to be selling it when it's done. Unless for the first time in it's miserable sodding life it decides to surprise me and make decent power after the headwork, which then might inspire me to stick the ITB's on etc... I never go in at half measures so it'll be all or nothing as usual!!

Essentially I just don't want to spend the money now, probably going to be 5k ish by the time it's running and mapped, which doesn't include the 2k on the engine and box! Just not worth it frankly.
I was gee'd up for it 2 months ago, now though......much less so! I just want a car and frankly it's pissed me off so much not having it I'm very likely to be selling it when it's done. Unless for the first time in it's miserable sodding life it decides to surprise me and make decent power after the headwork, which then might inspire me to stick the ITB's on etc... I never go in at half measures so it'll be all or nothing as usual!!

yes itd cost alot to do but would be seriously cool and you know as well as i do how tuneable the engines are. Worth every penny in my eyes. Just get the car to me and il have it done for you in no time.

One of 3 packages arrived from holland today, this ine being the most boring tbh but anyhow at least they are coming..

Cup racer engine and gearbox mounts.

20160525_181812_zpsgy555twu.jpg

EE Brackets.

20160525_181835_zpsc8m2mwqc.jpg

And the steering coloumn adjuster clamp with sequential shifter pick up and lever and steering wheel hub/spacer....the shifter may be no good to me tbh as cup cars are obviously lhd and this car being rhd and gearbox on lhd it may be a bit of a bodge linkage, the actual shifter wont be too dificult to change to the left hand side of the steering wheel, itll just be a dog leg type linkage to make work. We will see when package 2 & 3 are here. Id really like to make it work and will definately do my best to do so.

20160525_181859_zpsgnsanuva.jpg

I also dropped the doors, bootlid, bonnet, rear bumper and wings to the paintshop today still need to drop front bumper and side skirts off which il do on friday once i have the catches cut in the bumper, something il hopefully get done tomorrow. The front bumper will have aerocatches on the sides for easy removal, only theres no where to put the pins so will have to fabricate some brackets of sort!

Front lights fitted and fg bumper mocked up ready for catch pin brackets tomoz..looking pretty naked!!

20160525_181921_zpsaunkkpqx.jpg

Sould have some updates coming over next few days :smile: